Lovable Idiot

There's going to be a few POV switches

There's going to be a few POV switches. I hope it's not too confusing.

And it's a long chapter... so buckle up.
_____________________________________________

Mateo was in his study room. Reading through the pages of the Castrero journal, a glass of bourbon on his desk. He groaned and held his head in pain. After a minute, it was gone.

"What the hell?" His breathing was heavy. He heard the doorbell ring and sighed, rubbing his head. He downed what was left of the bourbon before he got up.

Walking to the front door, he looked through the peephole. He didn't expect to see this person after all this time. Opening the door, he looked at the person with a glare.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" His eyes were narrowed when he heard them chuckle. "Good to see you too, Mateo." A feminine voice, one he didn't want to hear.

"I'll ask again, what do you think you're doing here?" He tried his best to stay calm. He hears her sigh, "I came back for Camilla... and for you." Mateo scoffs, "You've got some nerve. You left, and now you think you can... come back into our lives. Just like that?" He shakes his head, "You left us. You left. We don't need you. I don't need you. I expect you gone by tomorrow."

As Mateo goes to close the door, something stops him. He gets thrown back to his couch and watches as the door opens. Kanduu stands on the other side, grinning.

"That's not very nice." Mateo stood back up. Staring at Kanduu, a man he thought was dead. He saw movement behind Kanduu, seeing Nathan Bratt standing there, looking down at his shoes in shame.

"What have you done?" Mateo looked at Bratt, upset. Bratt went to speak, but Kanduu cut him off by raising a hand. "It won't matter. Not for you, at least." Mateo stepped back.

"Karru Marri Odonna..." Mateo groans, turning to Bratt, "Nathan, you still have time to fix this." His breathing is heavy.

"Loma Molonu..." Bratt keeps his gaze on the ground. Mateo glares at Kanduu, "You won't win." He groans, watching as Kanduu grins, "Why? Because of the children?" He laughs, "Don't worry, I'll deal with them too...." Bratt closes his eyes, not wanting to see another person be turned.

"...Karrano." Mateo's face freezes in place. His eyes were wide, and he had exaggerated round cheeks. Lines extending down from the corner of his mouth. He stared at Kanduu, waiting for his command.

Kanduu stepped closer to him.

"Starting with your daughter."