Hell of a Book

Night of the Living Dummy: Part 2: Ep 9Long chapter ahead :D_______________________________________Six months earlier

Long chapter ahead :D
_______________________________________
Six months earlier

"The great American novelist, Henry Miller, once said, 'Imagination is the voice of daring. If there is anything God-like about God, it is that. He dared to imagine everything.' So what does that mean for us, mere mortals? Take me for example. I wanna be remembered for something... something bold, something that I created that left a lasting impact on the world. I want my own Tropic of Cancer, or Bell Jar, Grapes of Wrath."

A student raised their hand, "Hold on one second." Bratt points at them, "In order to do that, I need one thing, the same thing all of you have. It's just a matter of unlocking it, of being bold and firing up those imaginations. And once you do, I promise you, you will become writers like that." He snaps his fingers before pointing at the student who had her hand raised. "What? Go ahead."

"This is Biology class..." Bratt looks around the room confused, seeing plants in different pots before turning to the students, "Yeah, I know."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bratt opens the door of his apartment, looking left and right. He carries a poodle, "Okay, let's go. Let's go fast, Fifi, okay?" Snow falls as he puts the poodle down, "Make it fast. Go, go, go, pee, pee, pee." He takes out his phone, "Hello. Principal Pock, how are you? Yeah, I know... I was filling in for Mrs. Turner. Yes, I know she teaches Biology." He's outside in a t-shirt, some sweatpants, and a bathrobe. "When did it happen before? So you're firing me for trying to inspire kids?" Fifi, his dog, has a pink bow and leash, "Principal Pock, please don't do this. I need this job, I'm begging you... But... Oh, shoot."

"Hello, Nathan." A woman steps out of her car. "Hey, Julia, you know what? I'll chat with you later 'cause I'm on an important work call." Bratt points at his phone, "I can wait!"

"you don't wanna wait in the snow." The woman hugs her jacket, "I have a jacket." Bratt groans, turning back to his phone, "Principal Pock, please don't make me beg. But I will. Know that I will. I will get on my hands and knees and do it properly, please." Julia crosses her arms and waits.

"Great, then I will catch up with you tomorrow about maybe reading my short story at the next assembly. I think that's a great idea. Okay, all righty, bye-bye." He goes to walk away, only to be stopped by Julia, "Nathan, just following up about rent."

"Right. Rent." He exhales sharply, "Because you said you had the check yesterday but didn't want to go in because--" He pointed to the apartment, "My apartment was being fumigated. Yes, that is true." He turned around to walk, "So, the check..."

"So, mm-hmm, the check I had... all ready to go, and, um... and Fifi also had to go, and so she relived herself right on the check, I know." He pointed to the dog. "Nathan, I need someone who pays rent." He let go of the dog and got on his knees, "I'm begging you, please. Just gimmie a little more time, please. How long have we known each other?" He claps his hands, "Three more days..."