Knock Someone Out

______________________________________2023

2023

Beep!
Beep!
Beep!
Beep!

An alarm rings waking up a girl from her peaceful slumber. She turns around to look at her alarm clock seeing that it's 6 in the morning. She turns off her alarm and start heading to the bathroom. Phone in hand she starts playing some music and gets in the shower. It's still a little dark outside but that'll change in a couple of minutes.

Finishing up in the shower, and getting ready, takes her about 30 minutes. As she's doing the last of her skin care routine she doesn't hear someone calling her name cause of the music that's playing.
"Cam?" But the man's meet with silence. "Camilla!?" The man sighs and starts heading upstairs to the girls room. "Camilla Ramírez if I open this door, y no estás lista, get ready for the rant of the century." With that he opens the door and is meet by Camilla or Cam as she likes to be called tying her shoes and giggling at him.
"Relax dad I was getting ready, the music was loud and I was in the bathroom a couple of minutes ago."
Her dad rolls his eyes at her and nods his head as if to say yeah, yeah sure. "Alright well hurry up we only got about 40 minutes before you leave to meet up with your friends." Her father leaves the room, going back downstairs not without hearing Cam groan. Picking up her school bag she asks, "Is this really necessary? I mean nothing ever happens in this town. What's the point of having boxing lessons?" Going down the stairs and following her father to the kitchen.

Her father sighs and turns around to look at his daughter, "Eat, and then meet me in the garage and after I'll explain okay?" She puts her bag down on one of the chairs and looks at the table and sees that her dad made some scrambled eggs and bacon, and a fruit smoothie he makes every morning, so she sits and digs in. Once she's done she washes her plate, picks up her bag and starts making her way to their garage.
She opens the door to her garage and sees her bike on the side with her helmet, she sets down her bag and goes over to her dad.
"Papa come on, why do I have to this every day, I already know the basics and I'm pretty sure that if a really wanted to I could knock someone out." She looks at her dad and sees that his arms are crossed and he's giving her the sure you can look. "Wha- I CAN, I can so knock someone out!" Cam puts her hands on her hips and frowns at her dad.
Her dad lets out a chuckle and walks over to her, "I'm sure you can, but it's still good to make sure you can protect yourself mija. So come on, put these on and I'll let you go early, deal?" He looks at his daughter and sees a smile and her face. Handing over a set of boxing gloves, he puts on the boxing mitts and they start training.

By the time they're done it's already 7 which gives Cam enough time to go shower again and get herself ready for school. Her bags already in the garage and she has money just in case she needs it. She once again starts heading downstairs and sees her father waiting for her near her bike. "Ay no otra vez. I'm gonna be late dad, come on." Her father's always hated the motorcycle, but Cam wanted one and he'd promised he'd get her any type of vehicle she wanted.
He just expected it to have four wheels not two. But Cam loves it and promised her dad she wouldn't do anything reckless (while he was around) but still she loved it and she couldn't be happier. "Are you sure you wouldn't want to take the car instead, it's just as fast." Cam looked at her father and let out sigh before grabbing the helmet and putting it over her head. "I've told you dad, I know how to ride a motorcycle and I haven't got into anything bad (yet) so you need to stop worrying before you get more wrinkles."
She scrunches her nose at her dad and starts backing up the bike so she can leave.

Her dad follows her outside mug in hand and furrows his eyebrows, "more wrinkles, what are you talking about? I'll have you know that any man at this age would die to look this good." His daughter shakes her head laughing at his rambling, "I'll be fine papa. Now can I go or are you gonna start saying a whole prayer too?"

Since the helmets on her head all her father sees is her eyes that crinkle so he knows she smiling at him. "You know, that wouldn't be a bad idea." But before he can start, he hears the engine start and his daughter shacking her head, "I love you papa!, I'll see you at 6." And with that she's  riding down the drive way heading towards where she always goes, the Harbor shop where her best friend lives and where her other friends usually show up to get food.
___________________________________________
An: I thought it'd be fun to add a little back story the characters. (Little back story never hurt anyone)
Next chapter is the start of the show so stay tuned.
:)