An Almost Couple

You Can't Scare Me Ep:8__________________________________ James and Isabella committed to the role of staying by the car

__________________________________
James and Isabella committed to the role of staying by the car. They're both perching on the hood of the SUV. "So you know Isaiah and Margot will never be together."

"What?" Isabella looks at James, confused, "They're an almost couple."

"A what?"

"An almost couple. Like they can't actually be together, or the magic of them will be gone. They're just in love with the idea of each other, but they never really make it work. It's like emotional edging."

"Is that a sex thing?"

"Of course it is." She turns back to look at the trees, "I'm just saying, they never wanna get there. So you're good."

Isabella chuckles, "So, let me get this straight, I can like Isaiah... as long as I'm okay with him having deep-seated unresolved feelings for his beautiful neighbor?"'

"Exactly." Isabella nods her head, "I'm hungry. Are you hungry? Do you think Postmated delivers up here?" He takes his phone out of his pocket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucas, Margot, and Isaiah get to the cabin. Checking Nora's car to see it's empty.  Lucas runs to the cabin, "Mom!"

"This is bad."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Mom! Cam! They're not in there."

"I think they ran towards the trees." Isaiah stares out into the forest, "It's okay, Lucas, we are going to find them, okay?" Margot tries to comfort him, "And what if he's already got them?" Lucas heads to the trees, "Hey, hold on, we've gotta stay close. We can't get separated!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nora!" Harold followed Nora's path through the trees. "Nora The Explorer!"

"Nora!" She stops and looks over her shoulder, only to hide behind a tree.

"Come on, Nora!" Pressing her back against the tree as Harold stacks by, "Nora! No place to hide. You're just making this annoying!" Harold is limping through the snow a short distance away.

"Nora!" He stops and looks behind him. Harold continues to yell. Nora's face scrunched in worry. "Nora!" She turns her head towards Harold, "Come on! Nora!"

"Come out! Come out!" Nora darts from her hiding spot, flinging the duffel bag over her shoulder. She ran back the way she came.

Harold grabs her ankle. Tripping her in the process. "Got ya!" He starts pulling her down, trying to take the duffel bag.

"Got off her!" Harold gets smacked by a branch piece Cam had in her hands. Harold gets sent back, giving Cam enough time to help Nora up. They both take off running, hearing him call out to the dummy in the bag.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James and Isabella continue to wait for their friends. "They should be back by now."