The Best Apology

_______________________

After having cooled down a little, Cam managed to find Isaiah in the locker rooms. "Hey, you okay?" Isaiah nods his head, but then furrows his eyebrows, "yeah, are you okay? You look, I don't know, pissed?" Cam inhales and then looks at him, "Do you think I'm just a pretty face?"

Isaiah looks at her confused, "What no, you're like one of the smartest people I know, why?" Cam exhales, "Something that came to light is all.. why are we in the gym locker room?" she looks at him confused, "I just.... when I opened my locker, the camera was in there." Cam raises her eyebrows, "So you think it's still in there?" Isaiah shrugs his shoulders, "Do you want me to open it?" He shakes his head, "No, I'm just.." Cam looks at him, "scared?"

Isaiah looks at her and sighs, his helmets in the way. He moves it and there's nothing behind it. Isaiah and Cam look confused, they hear a whistle being blown and turn around startled. "Sorry, I don't mean to scare you like that." Cam breathes in trying to calm herself down, "You made me jump, sir" Isaiah comments having a small smile, "I'm practicing to be a ref. I guess the whistle works."

Cam nods her head, "It sure does." This causes the man to look over at her, Cam looks at her English teacher and hears the whispers again, not him, wake him u- Isaiah goes to pick up the helmet but is stopped by Mr. Bratt, "Oh, I got, I got it." Isaiah thanks him, "Hey, you know your dad, he did some work on my house. He used to play football here too, right?" Isaiah nods his head, "Yeah, he did. Um, how did you know?"

Cam looks at her teacher, a headache somewhat there, "I know a lot about my students." Cam jumps in, "Hey Isaiah we gotta get to class." Isaiah nods his head, he goes to take the gloves in Mr. Bratt's hand, "Sorry about the arm." Isaiah shakes  his head, "It's not your fault." Cam looks around the locker room, something feeling off to her, "I know. Can you imagine?" She hears them both let out forced chuckles, both saying okay to each other, "Good luck with the ref situation." He blows the whistle which makes them jump, "Get to class" Cam and Isaiah give out a forced chuckle "I will do." They leave him alone in the locker room and head home.

It's the afternoon now, Cam and Isaiah had parted ways and Cam was in her garage letting out some steam on the punching bag her dad had. "Oh crap, if it's the punching bag then I know it's bad." She's breathing heavily and looks over to see Lucas with his hands in his hoodies pocket.  She goes back to punching the bag, "Your uh, your dad let me in" she sighs and continues to ignore him. "So you're just gonna ignore me?"

Cam doesn't say a word, "Look I'm sorry, you and I both know that you are pretty smart and I'm also pretty sure that everyone knows that." Lucas sighs and then gets an idea. "Okay fine then I have a solution." Cam decides to look at him and now he knows she's intrigued, "Punch me." She looks at him confused, "I'm not gonna punch you Lucas." He smiles knowing he got her to say something, "you and I both know I can take the hit."

He grins at her, "Plus you and I both know that you don't hit that-"  Before he can get the last sentence out Cam punched him in the stomach. He's coughing and doubled over in pain clutching his stomach. "Camilla!"
Cam looks over and sees her dad looking at her in shock, "why would you do that." Cams about to speak but Lucas beats her to it, "it's okay Mr. Ramírez I deserved it." He looks at his daughter seeing her nodding her head, "he did dad. He was being a dick today." Her dad sighs, rubbing his head and walking off knowing nothing else was gonna happen. Lucas looks at his best friend, "better?"

Cam looks at him trying to hold make a smile, "would it be bad if I said yes?" Lucas shakes his head pain somewhat subduing, "No, you were right I was being a dick. I am sorry, you are a lot more than just a pretty face. You are like really smart, like Einstein level, like up to here." He shows with his hand and hears her laughing, "But I know some way you'll forgive me for real."

Cam smiles and furrows her eyebrows turning her head, "How?" Lucas looks at her, "I have something planned at my house, but I guess the only way you'll know is by coming with me." He grins and she raises an eyebrow at him, "What if I said no?" Lucas scratches his head, "well then I guess I'd have wasted my time." She shakes her head again, "You're an idiot." He nods his head in agreement and they leave to go to the shop.

Once there, Lucas guided her upstairs to his room. He opened the door and let her in first. The first thing she saw was the five movies on his bed. She looked around his room seeing it covered in posters and she saw the tank full of worms, but then she saw a bowl, full of different sweets. Her favorite sweets, "What is all this?" she looked at Lucas to see him looking at his shoes and smiling, "My way of saying sorry, your favorite scary movies, your favorite candies and I got food on stand by." She looks at him surprised, "well, as far as apologies go, this isn't bad."

Cam turns to Lucas with a genuine smile on her face. "Thanks Lucas." She gets on her tippy toes and kisses his cheek. Lucas looks back at her and clears his throat, "Okay, um, why don't you pick a movie while I go get the popcorn" Lucas leaves the room, and Cam looks back at the bed full of movies. By the time he comes back up he sees a movie in her hand. "Alright scary clown it is." Lucas puts the movie on and they both lay in bed candy, popcorn and take out by them and watch the movie until late hours of the day.
____________________________
An: Thought I'd give them a little moment
💟