Used to Disappointment

Go Eat Worms Ep:4

Go Eat Worms Ep:4

_____________________________________________________________

Cam says her goodbyes to Lucas and heads to the Library where the rest of her friends are waiting. By the time she gets to the library she sees James and Isabella there having a conversation. "Hey guys." They both look at her and see that she's a little upset. Isabella decides to speak up, "Did you talk to your dad?"

She nods her head and then scoffs, "Oh yeah I talked to him. And he lied to my face, so clearly he knows something and has decided to keep it a secret. So... there goes that." She sits down with a huff, "You know, I used to spend every day trolling Allison's terrible singing voice and hating my annoying mother. What I would give to go back to that."
Cam and James chuckle, "I knew you were funny." Cam nods her head, "I knew you were cool." She smiles at them seeing Isaiah walk up to there spot, "hey I don't know why we're at school today." James turns to look at him, "seriously." Isaiah turns to Cam, "what'd your dad say?"

Cam shakes her head, "That's a no-go. He straight up lied to my face, so he knows something but is choosing to lie about it." She shrugs her shoulders and looks at her nails. James decides to sit up, "I mean, look, on a positive note, at least we know we're not gonna die alone from... Zombie apocalypse? Vampires? Werewolves"

"James"

"Enough."

"Just Spitballing here." Cam chuckles at his comments, "It's just insane that we're supposed to go about our day like none of this ever happened." Isabella looks around the room, "I know. But look, we just gotta wait for Margot's mom to get here, and that way there we can find out what's going on."
Isabella and Cam see Margot walk over to them, "when is that gonna be." They all look at Margot, "I have no idea. Honestly, I've been waiting for my mom to come back for a long time, so I've gotten used to disappointment, but it got me thinking."
James looks at her scared, "Oh no" Cam looks at him with a small smile, "What if I tell my dad?" Cam shakes her head knowing that's a bad idea, Isabella letting her know that's a bad Idea and Isaiah trying to give her a chance to speak, "C'mon, c'mon, we have to talk to someone old enough to pay taxes. I tell him everything. And he tells me everything. He never lies. He is literally the most normal, honest person in the world.

Cam decides to speak up, "Exactly." They turn to her, Margot looking at her confused, "Look Margot, I know you wanna tell someone but your dads normal. If this is all connected I don't think an honest, trustworthy person could have anything to do with it." She shakes her head, "It's not a good idea." Isabella and James nod there head in agreement, but Margot rebuttals, "which is why there's no way he's connected to any of this." Cam sighs, "She's got a point. I've lived next door for years, and her dad's, like, the OG of norm-core." Cam looks over at Isabella, "You said he did puzzles before COVID?"

They turn to Margot, "His aura is beige. Gotta love him." Isabella sighs and Cam looks at her shoes, "Ok. What the hell. Literally, after the week we've had, what can go wrong?" Cam scoffs and lets out a little chuckle, while everyone disagrees with him, "It's like you want us to die." Isaiah turns to Cam, "Cam?" She looks up at them shaking her head, "I don't know guys. I don't want to get anymore people hurt." She turns to look at all of them and sighs, "If you think it's the best option, then sure you do that." The bell rings, letting them know that classes are starting, so with that they leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After classes ends Cams by her locker putting things away, when Lucas comes up to her. "Okay so I might of lied early when I said I wanted you to come over." Cam looks at him and chuckles, "I figured. I just didn't want to push you over the edge." He looked at her confused, "How'd you know?" She smiles at him, "Cause you had that face."

"What face?"

"You know when you have creases on your forehead because your worried and annoyed and just anxious." He smiles at her and the clears his throat, "You think you can come by my house later so I can actually show you." She laughs and closes her locker door, "If you want we can go now, I'm not in the mood to go home yet." Lucas nods his head and they make their way to his house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once they make it at the shop, Cam follows Lucas upstairs and sits on his bed. She hears a little ringing but then it goes away. "So what is it." She sees Lucas pacing around his room so she gets up and takes his hands, "hey, what's going on?" Lucas looks at her and inhales before walking to his computer. Cam goes to his side and gives him a small smile before turning back at the screen. Lucas exhales and then presses play.

She looks at it and gasps, seeing Nora and Margot's dad in his car kissing. He closes out the video and walks to his bed leaving Cam starstruck, "I found out this morning, and when I asked about it she lied." Cams lost in thought and Lucas looks at her, "Look I didn't wanna tell you because of well you know."
Cam nods her head, "You can say it Lucas. Because of what happened with my mom, and you're right, uh first things first we gotta tell Margot, it's her dad and she deserves to know." Lucas looks concerned, "But what if this makes her upset."
She nods her head, "It's going to, but it's better the not telling her at all." She looks at Lucas and sees that he's looking down, "How about this, I'll call her and tell her to come over and we can both tell her."
Lucas looks up at her and sees that her eyebrows are furrowed, "yeah, that sounds like a plan." He stands up and walks towards her, putting his finger on her forehead to stop the creases. She smiles at him and opens her arms to give him a hug and he excepts it.

Cams rubbing his back, "Thank you Camilla." She chuckles and pulls away, "There's nothing to thank me for. I'm your best friend, it's what we do." She shrugs her shoulders making a face and manages to get a smile from him. He bends down to kiss her forehead and she closes her eyes. Once he pulls away, she looks at him inhaling, "I'm gonna call Margot. You wanna come down with me or stay up here?" He answers saying he'll stay up here.

With that Cam calls Margot and waits for her at the front of the shop. Preparing herself for what's about to happen.

______________________________________________________________

An: I thought they deserved a little cute moment.
💟
Hope you guys enjoyed