Chapter 42: Codesworld Christmas Blast

The screen a view of the city of Los Angeles. where various people are seen watching a TV on a building. A little girl laughs.

Father: Come here! Come here!

Random Person: I want something that glows!

The Little Boy in the green coat and hat tugs on his Mom's dress.

Little Boy: When Santa comes on TV, do I get to tell him what I want? Do I?

The camera moves up to the TV screen, which shows a view of Santa's workshop at the north pole.

Santa: Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!

Santa and his reindeer appear onscreen. The Little Boy gasps in delight. Santa, who is holding a cane in his right hand, jumps out of his sled, which has a rear license plate that says, HO25.

Santa: Season's greetings to all my friends everywhere! It is with mixed feelings that I come before you toady to announce my... retirement!

Little Boy: Your what?!

Little Boy's Mother: Shhhh!

People: No, Santa! Don't do it! No, Santa, we need you!

Little Boy: No, Santa, please! It's too sad!

Santa: Don't be sad, this is happy news! This Christmas will be the best Christmas ever! Because the most wonderful person in the whole world will be taking my place! He's jolly! He's generous! He's just right for the job! Mothers, Fathers, boys and girls, I proudly introduce my replacement, your friend and mine, Chris McClaus!

Santa then points to Chris McLean who is dressed like Santa claus.

McLean dances with joy.

People: Oh, no! Not him again!

The camera switches to Santa's workshop, which is revealed to be a set filmed in a studio by McLean's interns. Chris walks up to the camera and takes a bow.

Chris: Thank you, dear friends! It is with a humble heart that I gladly accept this well-deserved honor from my good friend, Santa!

A tear rolls down Chris' right eye. As he wipes it away with his right index finger, the camera moves from the screen he is on down to the people, who all look at each other in confusion.

People: No! No! He'll ruin it! No, no!

Chris continues on.

Chris: And I pledge to you that I will carry on Santa's work in the best traditions of the Christmas season! However, you may just notice a few small changes.