517

517. Family Talk (1)

In a pavilion of a separate courtyard in the Tripod Weapon Pavilion, two extraordinary men sat facing each other.

"Seventeenth Brother, why are you here?" Ling Chen asked.

Ling Chuan smiled faintly and said, "Just taking a stroll. Recently, there have been great changes in Zhongzhou. I heard that the Bai family is now very prominent."

Ling Chen nodded and sighed, "Yes! The Bai family has indeed been lucky recently." However, everything has its pros and cons. The Bai family has provoked the fate clan. It's hard to say whether it's a blessing or a curse.

Ling Chen is the person in charge of the Ling family in the Bai family's territory. His strength is at the level of Martial Saint, and he is the cousin of Ling Chuan.

"Seventeenth Brother, are you still looking for that versatile you met in the secret realm back then?" Ling Chen asked.

Ling Chuan nodded lightly and said, "Yes."

"Actually, it's been so many years. If you could find him, you should have found him long ago," Ling Chen hesitated for a moment and cautiously said, "Seventeenth Brother, could it be that you were affected by an illusion or something back then..."

Ling Chuan raised his head, looked at Ling Chen coldly, and said, "Do you think I had a dream back then? Do you think I couldn't differentiate between dream and reality?"

Ling Chen smiled awkwardly and said, "No!"

Back then, Ling Chuan claimed that he had raped a versatile he met in the secret realm by accident, and he needed to take responsibility. However, Ling Chuan didn't even know the versatile's name or appearance very clearly.

After Ling Chuan insisted, an elder conducted a simple investigation into the women in the secret realm. After the investigation, the Ling family found out that he didn't exist.

There had been rumors in the clan for a long time that Ling Chuan had just had a dream back then, but Ling Chen was so persistent about that versatile. Even if people in the clan had doubts, they didn't dare to mention it in front of Ling Chuan.

"After so many years, you still can't let go?" Ling Chen asked.

Ling Chuan looked at Ling Chen coldly, and his expression turned unfriendly. "What do you mean?"

Ling Chen smiled awkwardly, bit his teeth, and said, "If you can't let go, you can take a concubine first. Eighteenth Brother already has more than ten sons, but you are still single. Don't you envy..."

Ling Chuan's expression instantly turned dark. Ling Chen looked at Ling Chuan's black face and helplessly cried out in his heart, Oh heavens! Why did the elders in the clan make him be the mediator? If Ling Chuan gets angry, he won't be able to stop him!

Ling Chuan looked at Ling Chen coldly, then suddenly smiled and said, "What's the big deal about Eighteenth Brother having sons? Maybe I already have great-grandchildren."

Ling Chen looked at Ling Chuan's changing expression and secretly let out a sigh of relief. "Seventeenth Brother, you really know how to joke. Do you think you're Bai Chenxing? He found a son who even brought back a son-in-law to the Bai family..."

Ling Chuan squinted his eyes, coldly snorted, and said, "What's so great about Bai Chenxing? He just has a son and a son-in-law."

When he brings Qu Kun back, he will be a generation higher than Bai Chenxing who has to respectfully call him father-in-law!

"Seventeenth Brother, I heard that you were humiliated by a versatile in our Ling family's store," Ling Chen changed the subject and asked.

Thinking of Qu Kun, Ling Chuan smiled and said, "My skills are still lacking. I couldn't impress him."

"That versatile must be brainless. He is Bai Chenxing's father-in-law from a foreign domain, not very knowledgeable. It's probably because Bai Chenxing lets him get away with anything. He's truly ignorant!" Ling Chen shook his head and said.

"Do you have a problem with Qu Kun?" Ling Chuan asked, looking down with his glass in hand.

Ling Chen's heart sank for some reason. Ling Chuan's voice was calm, but Ling Chen could feel a chilling sensation that he couldn't explain.

Ling Chen forced a smile and said, "I only feel that I should stand up for you, Seventeenth Brother."

Ling Chuan was a Martial Sage, a ninth-level weapon Refiner! Although the outside world referred to him as a Nine-Star Martial Saint with an eighth-level advanced refining level, it was still the highest level in Zhongzhou!

If Ling Chuan said that he would customize an artifact, powerful Martial Saints would definitely flock to him. However, Qu Kun still complained that Ling Chuan's refining level was not good enough. Qu Kun may not have strong strength, but he had a demanding attitude.

Ling Chuan smiled and said, "That's alright. He's not wrong. I should focus on researching the art of refinement."

Ling Chen looked at Ling Chuan and pondered for a moment before seriously saying, "Although the Bai family is now in high demand because of Mu Chen, with the foundation of our Ling family, we don't need to grovel to the Bai family and a Martial Maestro just for an eighth-level low-level alchemist."

Ling Chuan sneered, full of sarcasm. "Do you think I'm trying to please the Bai family or Mu Chen by doing this?"

Ling Chen frowned in confusion, looking at Ling Chuan.

Seeing Ling Chen's puzzled expression, Ling Chuan didn't explain further. "How much do you know about Bai Chenxing and Qu Xinyang?" he asked.

Ling Chen thought for a moment and said, "I don't know the specific details, but I know that back then, Bai Chenxing seemed to have misunderstood Qu Xinyang and left him in the Outer Domain until Bai Yanxing came to find him."

"That idiot Bai Chenxing had no idea that his son had been in Zhongzhou for half a year until the Bai family threatened Bai Yanxing. That was when he realized that Bai Yanxing was his own son."

"This time, Qu Kun came from the Outer Domain, and the Bai family and Qu Kun clashed. Only then did Bai Chenxing step forward to resolve it for Qu Kun."

"Fortunately, Bai Yanxing and Qu Kun are both fortunate individuals, otherwise..." Ling Chuan shook his head helplessly.

A cold light flashed in Ling Chuan's eyes. "Bai Chenxing really is an idiot. Why didn't he die from his stupidity?"