518

518. Family Talk (2)

After receiving a transmission jade slip from the Ask Immortal Pavilion, Ling Chuan immediately ended his seclusion upon seeing the images of the ring and Qu Kun in the slip.

Before he came, Ling Chuan had briefly investigated Qu Kun's background, but his investigation was not detailed due to the lack of time.

From the first glance at Qu Kun's image, Ling Chuan was certain that it was him. Although he couldn't remember Qu Kun's appearance clearly, recognizing him was still more than enough.

Ling Chen's face changed slightly, and he reminded, "Seventeenth Brother, Bai Chenxing claims to be a Nine-Star Martial Saint publicly, but in fact, he is a Martial Sage. His talent is probably on par with yours."

Ling Chuan nodded and said, "I know he is a Martial Sage. Being a Martial Sage and being an idiot are not mutually exclusive."

Ling Chen asked, "Seventeenth Brother, why are you suddenly interested in the remains of the Alchemy Palace?"

Ling Chuan calmly replied, "It seems that the Alchemy Palace has the method to refine the Nine Triple Cauldron."

The Nine Triple Cauldron was a ninth-level pill furnace that could increase the success rate of pill refinement.

A good pill furnace was very helpful for alchemists. With excessive use, the alchemist's pill furnace would be damaged.

Most of the eight-level pill furnaces in Zhongzhou were made by the Ling family. Even if an eighth-level alchemist wouldn't dare show off before the Ling family.

"The method to refine the Nine Triple Cauldron is a great thing!" Ling Chen couldn't help but exclaim. "But such a thing can only be rightfully used when it's in your hands, Seventeenth Brother."

Ling Chuan narrowed his eyes. If he hadn't received the message from the Ask Immortal Pavilion, he wouldn't have been interested in the method to refine the Nine Triple Cauldron.

"Is the relationship between Bai Family and Alchemy Tower a bit tense?" Ling Chuan asked.

Ling Chen nodded and said, "Yes! Mu Chen killed five geniuses of the Fate Clan and Zhuang Yu in the Tianji Secret Realm, forming an irreconcilable hatred with the Fate Clan. In theory, this grudge should be between the Fate Clan and Mu Chen, not Alchemy Tower. However, Alchemy Tower intervened for unknown reasons."

Ling Chuan squinted and sneered, "What if there are members of the Fate Clan in Alchemy Tower?"

Ling Chen was stunned for a moment, widened his eyes, and said, "It shouldn't be."

Ling Chuan's eyes became cold as he said, "Shouldn't be? Why shouldn't it be? The Fate Clan has been plotting to conquer the five towers of the Zhongzhou for hundreds of years. They are a powerful clan. If they didn't want the five towers in Zhongzhou, why would they spend so much effort to subdue the five towers of the Outer Domain?"

"Since the Fate Clan has set their sights on conquering the five towers of the Zhongzhou, how can they not plant spies in the towers of Zhongzhou towers?"

Ling Chen hesitated for a moment and said, "The Fate Clan can be this far-reaching?"

Ling Chuan squinted his eyes and said, "We don't know for sure yet, but we can't let our guard down."

Ling Chen pondered for a moment and said, "Initially, the one who made trouble for Mu Chen was the Tower Master of Alchemy Tower, Qiu Zhengrong. If the Tower Master of Alchemy Tower is also a member of the Fate Clan, then... the Fate Clan is terrifying."

"This is just speculation. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Perhaps it's just that Mu Chen's alchemy skills are too advanced, which made Alchemy Tower wary," Ling Chuan thought for a moment and said.

"To get into the Secret Realm of the Alchemy Palace, five fragments of the map are needed, two of which are in Alchemy Tower's hands. Alchemy Tower will send ten people in this time, while Bai Family will send five. Alchemy Tower and Bai Family are not on good terms, so there may be conflicts between the two sides," Ling Chen furrowed his brow and said.

Ling Chuan smiled and said, "Perhaps."

"There is no need for our Ling Family to get involved in the matters between Bai Family and the Fate Clan. Seventeenth brother, at that time, we can just observe from the sidelines," Ling Chen said.

Ling Chuan smiled. Bai Yanxing is his biological grandson and now he is pregnant with Mu Chen's children. How can he stay out of this matter?

"I heard that Bai Yanxing's daddy, Qu Xinyang, has been in a coma," Ling Chuan asked.

Ling Chen nodded and said, "Yes! It seems like there is something wrong with that person. Before Bai Chenxing went to search for the Spirit Returning Pill, it was for Qu Xinyang. But Bai Chenxing is really strange. I heard that he went to invite the Taishang Elder of Alchemy Tower to refine pills, but later, when the Elder agreed to refine pills for him, he refused."

Ling Chuan's face became serious as he said, "He probably found something wrong."

Ling Chen looked at Ling Chuan and questioned, "Seventeenth brother, are you interested in Qu Kun? Have you taken a liking to him?"

Ling Chuan smiled and didn't directly answer Ling Chen's question. He only said, "They will all go to the secret realm, so I have to know about them."

Ling Chen breathed a sigh of relief and said, "I see. I almost thought you were interested in Qu Kun, hahaha..."

Ling Chuan looked at Ling Chen and smiled, "Is it funny? Qu Kun is not good enough?"

Ling Chen thought for a moment and said, "He looks okay, but I heard his temper is particularly bad. He even scolded Bai Chenxing badly. Most of the people who like Qu Kun probably have masochistic tendencies, hahaha..."

Ling Chuan crossed his arms and silently watched Ling Chen.

Ling Chen couldn't continue laughing when he saw Ling Chuan's expression.