548

548. Doors (2)

Ye Shi walked into the Spirit Tower and looked at Bai Chenxing, asking, "Father, are you feeling better?"

Bai Chenxing smiled and said, "Much better." Mu Chen had refined a mid-level eight-grade Soul Nourishing Pill for Bai Chenxing, and his soul power had already recovered quite a bit.

"How about you guys?" Bai Chenxing asked.

"I injured that woman badly. In the short term, she shouldn't cause any more trouble, but her strength is truly formidable, and we can't catch her yet." Ye Shi said with some frustration.

Bai Chenxing nodded and said, "If we can't catch her, then so be it." They had already gained enough with the deaths of two sages from the Fate Clan.

"In a while, I should be able to recover." Bai Chenxing said.

A glimmer of joy flashed in Ye Shi's eyes. If Bai Chenxing recovered, their chances of success would greatly increase.

"Where is your grandfather? Give him these things." Bai Chenxing took out a few books and two jade slips and handed them to Ye Shi.

Curiously, Ye Shi asked, "What are these things?"

"I found them in the Fate Clan's Grand Elder's ring. Take them out and give them to your grandfather. They might be useful to him." Bai Chenxing explained.

During this period, Mu Chen and the others had been too busy to properly examine the things left behind by the sage. Bai Chenxing had some time to thoroughly examine them due to the damage to his soul power.

Ye Shi nodded, took the things, and walked out.

"Did your father give these to me?" Ling Chuan looked at Ye Shi and asked.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes!"

After examining the things Ye Shi brought, Ling Chuan's face turned grim.

"Grandpa, what's wrong with you? Are they useless?" Ye Shi asked puzzledly.

Ling Chuan chuckled, "No, they are useful, very useful."

Ye Shi looked at Ling Chuan skeptically, not understanding why Ling Chuan would be so upset if they are useful.

Qu Kun looked at Ling Chuan's gloomy face and asked, "What's wrong?"

Ling Chuan closed his eyes and said, "Nothing." The things that Bai Chenxing brought over unexpectedly included the method of refining the Nine Heaven Feather Fan that belonged to Ling Family.

Nine Heaven Feather Fan was created by Ling Yuan, a ninth-level alchemist of the Ling family, two hundred years ago. It was Ling Yuan's masterpiece. After it was refined, Ling Yuan compiled the refining process into a book and placed it in the top floor of the family's collection. Ling Chuan never expected that the Fate Clan actually had a copy of it.

It meant that the Fate Clan had planted a spy in the Ling family. Ling Chuan suddenly felt a creepy feeling.

Qu Kun looked at Ling Chuan with some suspicion. He read through the books in his hands one by one and felt something strange in his heart.

The Fate Clan was not just after the Ling family's collection books, but the refining skills of the Yuan family, a family of weapon refining, although not as good as the Ling family. However, the Yuan family's decomposition technique for artifacts was far beyond the Ling family's. In this book, there was even the technique for refining and decomposing artifacts of the Yuan family.

"In fact, besides the Spirit Herb Garden and the ninth-level alchemy books, there is another precious thing in this palace," Ling Chuan said mysteriously to Qu Kun.

Qu Kun looked at him skeptically and asked, "What is it?"

"Doors," Ling Chuan said mysteriously.

"Doors?" Qu Kun asked skeptically.

Ling Chuan nodded and said, "The doors of the entire palace are made of materials of at least ninth-level refinement. If we can break them down, then..." There would be enough ninth-level refining materials to make several ninth-grade magical weapons.

Ninth-level refining materials were not easy to find!

Qu Kun blinked and said, "You really are a penny pincher! You even won't let go of the doors. Your Ling family has actually fallen on hard times and you are just pretending that you are still a great family, right? That's why you are so stingy about everything you see, right?"

Ling Chuan: "..."

Qu Kun looked at Ling Chuan and said, "Then do it now! You've been living off Mu Chen's food and using his resources for so long. As an elder, how can you be shameless enough to keep taking advantage of a junior?"

Ling Chuan: "..."

Qu Kun looked at Ling Chuan's shocked expression, his face turned dark, and said, "Go quickly! You've been using Mu Chen's money for so long, don't you think you are wrong?"

Ling Chuan: "..."

Qu Kun looked at Ling Chuan and asked, "Is there anything else you want to say?"

Ling Chuan looked at Qu Kun, thought for a moment, and decided not to say that he would like to borrow strange fire from Mu Chen.

Qu Kun rubbed his chin and thought to himself: since they had gained something every time they opened a door before entering the center of the palace, if they melted down the doors in the other passages, the doors should be theirs.