519

519. So-Called Heartless Person (1)

In the Weapon Refining Tower.

"Grandfather, Ling Chuan is here," He Jingyue told He Xian.

He Xian nodded and said, "I know. Ling Chuan's visit at this time is quite strange."

The Ling Family's power is no less than that of the Bai Family. Even though Mu Chen is currently popular, he is only a low-level eighth-grade alchemist. The Fate Clan is eyeing him, and it is unclear what will happen to Mu Chen in the future.

At this time, Ling Chuan attempted to get closer to the Bai family, but ended up on the opposite side of the Fate Clan.

The Ling family has always been cautious and would not rush to take sides before the situation becomes clear.

"I heard that Ling Chuan gave a top-grade level 8 spiritual instrument to Bai Chenxing's father-in-law," He Xian asked.

He Jingyue nodded and said, "Yes! Although Qu Kun's strength is not high, his taste is extremely high. He even looked down on a level 8 spiritual instrument. Senior Ling showed him a top-grade level 8 spiritual instrument, but he still showed disdain."

"Senior Ling said that his skills in refining weapons are superficial, but it was just a humble statement. Qu Kun actually believeD it and ask Senior Ling to retreat and study weapon refining. It's just unreasonable!" How ridiculous!

There were other cultivators in the Tripod Weapon Pavilion at that time, and Qu Kun was simply shocking the others. For a while, Qu Kun became the hottest topic of conversation among the Zhongzhou cultivators.

Almost in an instant, most people in the Zhongzhou knew that Bai Chenxing had a difficult father-in-law.

This person's cultivation level was neither high nor low, just a Martial Maestro. He had an astonishingly high vision, and in his eyes, Ling Chuan, the highest level 8 weapon refiner in the Zhongzhou, was nothing more than an insignificant refiner.

He Xian smiled helplessly and said, "They really are families. Qu Kun's personality is similar to Bai Yanxing's."

He Jingyue smiled melancholically and said, "Yes."

He Xian asked strangely, "After Qu Kun said all that, Ling Chuan didn't get angry?"

He Jingyue nodded and said, "That's right! Senior Ling has such great tolerance!" A truly extraordinary person can tolerate a great deal.

He Xian sneered and said, "Ling Chuan's tolerance is not as good as you imagine."

He Jingyue doubted and asked, "Really?"

He Xian nodded and said, "There was once a Martial Saint from another family who plotted against him. As a result, when Ling Chuan chased him to his house, he completely slaughtered the entire family."

He Jingyue widened her eyes suddenly, speechless. She actually thought that such a person had a good demeanor.

He Jingyue asked with some confusion, "But I heard that Ling Chuan's attitude was really good. Qu Kun kind of humiliated him and he wasn't angry at all."

He Jingyue pondered for a moment and said, "Could it be that Qu Kun is a versatile who is Ling Chuan's type?"

"That shouldn't be the case! Although Qu Kun looks good and is a little... cute, there are so many beautiful people in the Zhongzhou. Someone like Ling Chuan, who has seen countless beauties, shouldn't be lacking attention. Love at first sight shouldn't happen to Ling Chuan." He Jingyue murmured.

Mu Chen's unwavering affection for Ye Shi was already unbelievable enough in He Jingyue's eyes. If Ling Chuan also had feelings for Qu Kun, He Jingyue felt that the world would be completely turned upside down.

"Perhaps there are other reasons." He Xian suggested.

...

Because Qu Kun wanted to buy some things, and because both Ye Shi and Qu Kun were too eye-catching, the two of them disguised themselves and left the Bai family.

As soon as Qu Kun left the Bai family, he heard various rumors about himself.

"Have you heard? Bai Chenxing's father-in-law, Bai Yanxing's grandfather, actually said that Ling Chuan's weapon refining skills are superficial and he should find a place to shut himself in and dedicate his time to studying, striving to improve his weapon refining skills to level 9. Hahaha..."

"Is he an idiot? Ling Chuan said that his weapon refining skills are superficial, and he actually believes that Ling Chuan's weapon refining skills are superficial. Hahaha..."

"I heard that this person is from an outside region and has no knowledge at all, completely ignorant."

"Ling Chuan has a really good temper. If it were any other Nine-Star Martial Saint, he would probably slap him so hard to die."

"That's right! Ling Chuan is really kind-hearted."

"I heard that Ling Chuan used to be a ruthless person, but these years, he must have worked on improving his temper. Qu Kun is really lucky to come across Ling Chuan when he's in a good mood. Otherwise, he probably wouldn't have survived."

...

Qu Kun pursed his lips, surrounded by continuous comments about him. His mood was getting worse.

Ye Shi couldn't help but have a complicated expression on his face.

"Is an eighth-grade top-grade weapon refiner really powerful? Why is it just a joke when I said his weapon refining skills?" Qu Kun gritted his teeth.

"It's not a joke at all. Those people just lack knowledge. In fact, an eighth-grade top-grade weapon refiner is nothing special. It's just the highest level of weapon refiner in Zhongzhou... Mu Chen will surpass him sooner or later."

Qu Kun said, "Mu Chen, Mu Chen... Mu Chen is the most formidable."

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yeah."

Qu Kun said, "..."

"That guy, Ling Chuan, is still good-mannered? It's really ridiculous," Qu Kun said irritably.

Ye Shi asked doubtfully, "Grandfather, is that guy very rough?" Like a beast, that should be very rough.

Qu Kun glared fiercely at Ye Shi, and Ye Shi awkwardly closed his mouth.

Ye Shi stole a glance at Qu Kun. In the past, his grandfather always walked with his hands behind his back, his head held high, and an air of unapproachability. Ye Shi had always admired and respected Qu Kun, but not so close to him. But since Qu Kun's true face was exposed, Ye Shi suddenly realized that his previously unattainable grandfather was just an illusion.

...