527

527. It Is Coincidental (1)

Outside the secret realm.

"Uncle Eight, why are you here?" Ling Chen asked in surprise.

Ling Chen secretly thought to himself: First it was Ling Chuan, and now it's Ling Mo. These two influential figures in the family have come to see him one after another. When did he become so popular?

"I came to see you. Did you tell your Seventeenth Brother about what I asked you to?" Ling Mo furrowed his brows, looking a bit anxious.

Ling Chen inwardly sneered. He thought to himself: You're not here to see me, you're here to find out about Seventeenth Brother's situation, right?

Although he had this thought in his mind, Ling Chen still wore an apologetic expression and answered Ling Mo, "I have already told him, but he doesn't seem interested. It seems like he has no intention of taking concubines."

Ling Mo's face turned cold, and he asked in a displeased tone, "What is he thinking? After so many years, he still hasn't woken up from his dream. Does he really want to live in this dream forever? Have you seriously tried to persuade him?"

"I did try, but he doesn't listen to me," Ling Chen answered with a wry smile.

"You seriously tried?" Ling Mo asked.

Ling Chen forced a bitter smile. He did try to persuade his brother, but as soon as Ling Chuan's face turned sour, he didn't dare to continue persuading anymore. His Seventeenth Brother's anger was truly terrifying.

"I actually wanted to advise him seriously, but Seventeenth Brother doesn't listen!" Ling Chen said helplessly, spreading his hands.

"He is your Seventeenth Brother, can't you care about him a bit?" Ling Mo said angrily.

Ling Chen secretly thought: The elders in the family dare not get angry at Seventeenth Brother, so they take it out on him instead. Is it fair for him to bear the brunt of it innocently?

Seventeenth Brother doesn't want to take concubines. He should not force him to sleep with someone else?

Besides, it should be the responsibility of the elders in the family to persuade Seventeenth Brother to take concubines. The fact was that the elders asked him to do the talking. And now they were not satisfied with the result.

"Actually, Eighth Uncle, you don't have to worry too much. Maybe, that man he met in the secret realm got pregnant, and maybe he even has great-grandchildren by now," Ling Chen said with a smile.

Ling Mo rolled her eyes, annoyed, and said, "He was poisoned and constantly having romantic dreams, and you're actually believing him? If there really was such a man, he would have found him long ago."

Ling Chen looked at Ling Mo's dark face and secretly thought: Why are you yelling at me? Shouldn't you be yelling at Seventeenth Brother instead? The elders in the family are bullying the weak and fearing the strong.

"This time, I don't know why, but he suddenly left seclusion. Do you see anything unusual about him?" Ling Mo asked.

Ling Chen secretly thought: Seventeenth Brother seems to have a masochistic tendency. He is interested in a versatile who humiliated him and even gave him a gift.

"I think he has some admiration for Bai Chenxing's father-in-law. He gave him a top-grade eighth-level treasure sword," Ling Chen said.

Ling Mo furrowed his brow and pondered for a moment before saying, "An eighth-level top-grade treasure sword doesn't mean anything."

Ling Chen curled his lips and thought to himself: How does it not mean anything? He asked, pleaded, and even begged Seventeenth Brother to refine an eighth-level top-grade sword for him, but Ling Chuan never agreed. On the other hand, this man humiliated him, but he still shamelessly rushed to give him a weapon. No matter how you look at it, the problem is serious!

"Seventeenth Brother has entered the secret realm this time, and Qu Kun has also gone in," Ling Chen muttered. There were only a few people in the secret realm, who knows, something might happen.

Ling Mo frowned and said, "Don't talk nonsense. Qu Kun is Bai Chenxing's father-in-law. He already has a son, a grandson, and soon great-grandchildren. Would Seventeenth Brother really want to help raise someone else's son and grandson?"

Ling Chen nodded and said, "That's true, but, actually, that man is quite good-looking."

Ling Mo squinted his eyes and said, "Just average. Your Seventeenth Brother has seen all kinds of beauties."

Ling Chen shrugged and said, "You're right. Maybe I was thinking too much."

..........

In the secret realm.

Mu Chen's eyes burst with a burst of golden light, and the clouds in the sky seemed to be torn into parts by his soul power.

"You're awake?" Ye Shi looked at Mu Chen with some excitement.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes."

Mu Chen looked at the stone tablet. When he started looking, he only saw the first stone tablet, but now, he had already seen the ninth stone tablet. He seemed to have entered a mysterious state, forgetting about time and space, and only his soul power was rapidly circulating.

Mu Chen felt that his soul power had become much more solid.

"How long have I been looking at the stone tablet?" Mu Chen asked.

"It's been eight days," Ye Shi said.

Mu Chen was stunned. He had actually spent such a long time, and he didn't feel anything at all.

"Nothing happened, right?" Mu Chen asked.

Ye Shi puffed out his cheeks and said, "There was something, but it wasn't a big deal."

"What happened?" Mu Chen asked.

Ye Shi shrugged and said, "A grey-robed man from the Alchemy Tower provoked and was killed by my father and grandfather working together."