520

520. So-Called Heartless Person (2)

"Bai Chenxing is unlucky to have Qu Kun as his father-in-law like Qu Kun."

"That's right. I heard that Senior Bai got scolded by Qu Kun without responding. Senior Bai has a good temper!"

"Although Qu Kun is Bai Chenxing's father-in-law, Senior Bai has strong power and high status. Qu Kun is just a Martial Maestro. It's really outrageous that he constantly scolds Senior Bai."

"That's true! Senior Bai must really like Qu Xinyang, so he can tolerate Qu Kun's unruly behavior."

"..."

When the topic shifted to Bai Chenxing, Qu Kun became even more angry. "Your father is unlucky? It's your daddy who's unlucky to end up with a fool like Bai Chenxing."

Ye Shi nodded and said, "That's right. That bunch of fools doesn't know anything and just talks nonsense."

...

"It is said that even though Qu Kun speaks harshly to Senior Ling, Senior Ling doesn't get angry. Instead, he even actively gives him artifacts."

"Could it be that Senior Ling has feelings for Qu Kun?"

"I have also seen that Qu Kun. He looks okay, but he's not exceptionally beautiful. Senior Ling, someone like him, has seen all kinds of people! He shouldn't be interested in Qu Kun."

"You never know! Senior Ling might just like someone who scolds him."

"In that case, Qu Kun might have hit the jackpot."

...

Qu Kun took a deep breath, his face constantly changing from pale to green. "The people in Zhongzhou all have major issues with their brains!" To be pursued by a beast is considered hitting the jackpot? What a joke! I wouldn't look twice at such a beast.

Ye Shi said, "..."

"Are you having fun?" a faint voice came over.

Ling Chuan, dressed casually and with a slight disguise on his face, but Ye Shi still recognized him.

"Senior Ling," Ye Shi called out hesitantly.

When Ling Chuan heard Ye Shi's address, his expression changed slightly, but he didn't say much. Qu Kun looked at Ling Chuan with an unfriendly expression.

"We're just going out to buy some things," Ye Shi said, trying to find a topic.

"Do you need anything?" Ling Chuan asked.

"No, just browsing around," Ye Shi said.

Ling Chuan turned his gaze to Qu Kun and smiled enchantingly, "After all these years apart, in my dreams at midnight, I have always thought of you. I wonder if you have ever thought of me."

Ye Shi looked at Ling Chuan's sparklng eyes and felt that Ling Chuan's expression at this moment was full of tenderness.

After hearing Ling Chuan's words, Qu Kun felt goosebumps all over his body.

Qu Kun frowned and said, "I don't know you. I've never seen you before. You've got the wrong person."

Ling Chuan smiled lightly and looked affectionately at Qu Kun, saying softly, "I was too rude back then. It was your charm that was irresistible. That's why it was hard for me to control myself and lost my senses. Later, when you left, I regretted it. I was too reckless then and didn't treat you gently..."

"In these years, I often dream of the past. I always think, if I could have held your hand back then, if you were still by my side, how wonderful would that be..."

"I may have made mistakes, but you left without saying a word, abandoning me without any explanation. You are too heartless."

As Ling Chuan spoke, his expression became softer, and Qu Kun felt the goosebumps on his body overwhelming him.

Ye Shi: "..." This grandpa is really romantic.

"That's enough, don't talk nonsense." Qu Kun's face turned red as he interrupted Ling Chen's words.

This person is not only a beast, but also a smooth-talker.

Back then, this guy almost crushed him, but now it's all his fault.

What does he mean by "I may have made mistakes, but you left without saying a word, abandoning me without any explanation"? He was raped by this guy. Did he still have to stay and take responsibility? Qu Kun can't afford to lose face like that.

Ling Chuan smiled, pleased, and said, "I heard that all these years, you've been wearing the engagement ring we exchanged. I'm really touched."

"Engagement ring?" Ye Shi couldn't help but blink. Isn't that ring stolen by Qu Kun? How did it become an engagement ring?

Qu Kun: "..."

Ling Chuan explained to Ye Shi, "That ring was passed down from the Ling family's ancestors. The elders in the family said that I should give it to my beloved."

Qu Kun sneered and said, "So it's a fifth-grade ring. Your Ling family only has this shabby ring left. And I heard that the Ling family is a big family. Now you are this low. And I heard that ring was refined only fifty years ago!"

Ling Chuan smiled, although his lie being seen through, but remained calm. "Here is the thing. It's a tradition passed down from our ancestors to personally refine a ring for our beloved."

Ye Shi: "..." This kind of ring is called a ring passed down from ancestors.

Qu Kun rolled his eyes and took off the ring, handing it to Ling Chuan. "Take it back, give it to someone else."

Ling Chuan sighed mournfully. "Things that have been given away cannot be taken back."

"I don't want it." Qu Kun looked at the ring in Ling Chuan's hand. He used to think it was useful, with a large space, but now it feels like a hot potato he should get rid of.

Ling Chuan looked at Qu Kun with a touch of sadness. "Back then, you forcibly took this ring off my hand, and now why don't you want it anymore?"

Qu Kun: "..." Is this guy accusing him of being "heartless" again?

There were many people secretly observing Qu Kun and the others, but when Ling Chuan approached Qu Kun, he set up a barrier around them so that those who were watching could only see Ling Chuan talking to Qu Kun and Ye Shi, but couldn't hear what they were saying.