526

526. Ling Chuan Takes Action (2)

The battle ended in the blink of an eye, leaving everyone in shock.

"A level nine Bursting Flame Bead." Jing Lifeng looked at Ling Chuan in disbelief.

A level nine artifact is extremely precious, especially one that is disposable like this. It is a rare treasure that is difficult to obtain. How could Ling Chuan suddenly make a move, and such a ruthless one?

The people from Alchemy Weapon Pavilion were stunned, and even the people who had invited Ling Chuan, looked at him with surprise and anger.

Except for Bai Chenxing, Qu Kun, Ye Shi, and Mu Chen, who had achieved enlightenment, everyone else thought that Ling Chuan would just stand by and watch.

Jing Lifeng furrowed his brows. According to his investigation, there seemed to be a strange relationship between Ling Chuan and Bai Chenxing's father-in-law. Ling Chuan seemed to have a liking towards Bai Chenxing's father-in-law and even gave a sword to Qu Kun. However, Qu Kun wasn't very impressed.

Jing Lifeng originally thought that even if Ling Chuan really had some feelings for Qu Kun, at most, he would just step forward and mediate. He didn't expect Ling Chuan to go all out and make a move.

"Senior Ling, what do you mean by this? You..." Qiu Zhengrong frowned.

"I happen to give it a go. Who is this guy? He has good strength, but he's not from Alchemy Tower, right? He's too meddlesome." Ling Chuan smiled lightly and casually said.

Ge Yi furrowed his brows. Several of the people who entered the Alchemy Palace's secret realm this time were invited by Qiu Zhengrong and Mo Lixuan. Ge Yi hadn't even heard of these people, let alone seen them. Although Ge Yi had doubts in his heart, he didn't ask any further.

Ling Chuan narrowed his eyes, his gaze swept across the people from Alchemy Tower.

Originally, there were three Martial Sage experts on Alchemy Tower's side, while the Bai family only had two, including him. He had to eliminate one in order to maintain balance.

Jing Lifeng looked towards Bai Chenxing and saw that his expression was calm, as if he wasn't surprised at all that Ling Chuan had taken action.

Ye Shi looked at Ling Chuan with admiration in his eyes, and Qu Kun's face was filled with confusion, making it hard to tell what he was thinking.

Bai Chengfeng truly seemed to be clueless, his expression filled with surprise.

"Senior Ling, you..." Dan Chen's voice choked with surprise as she looked at Ling Chuan.

The Ling family and the Bai family, one being a family of weapon refiners and the other a family of formations, had always kept distance from each other. Ling Chuan's sudden and decisive action was truly too strange.

Could it be that the two families secretly formed an alliance? Why didn't she receive any news about it?

"Senior Ling, you say he was meddlesome, but aren't you also being meddlesome?" Qiu Zhengrong's face turned dark.

Ling Chuan cast a cold gaze at Qiu Zhengrong, then suddenly smiled and asked Ye Shi, "Yanxing, do you think I'm being meddlesome?"

Ye Shi quickly shook his head, excitedly saying, "No, no, Grandfather is definitely not being meddlesome."

Ling Chuan smiled faintly, stood next to Qu Kun, and proudly said, "Since Yanxing called me grandfather, you should accept me too."

Qu Kun's face turned pale.

...

Jing Lifeng looked at Qu Kun and Ling Chuan, feeling an inexplicable strangeness between the two.

"Senior Ling, what... what is going on?" Dan Chen looked at Qu Kun with a puzzled expression.

Why did Ye Shi call Ling Chuan grandfather? Are Ling Chuan and Qu Kun a couple? This is impossible. Qu Kun just cane from Outer Region, how could he have a relationship with Ling Chuan?

Seeing everyone's gaze focused on him, Qu Kun felt his face burning.

Looking at Qu Kun's expression, Dan Chen felt strange. Judging from the vibe between Ling Chuan and Qu Kun, it seemed like Ling Chuan was interested in Qu Kun.

Ling Chuan glanced at the people from Alchemy Valley and said, "The soul technique is right in front of you. Why aren't you studying it? Why are you staring at me?"

Upon hearing Ling Chuan's words, Dan Chen and the others suddenly came to their senses.

"Ah! Right, the soul technique," Dan Chen murmured.

Inside the Alchemy Palace Ruins, there was a huge palace with a barrier at the entrance that could only be opened with a specific soul technique. They could only open the barrier and enter the palace if they comprehended the soul technique on the stone stele in the ruins.

Dan Chen envied Mu Chen as she glanced at him.

In this situation, whoever comprehended the soul technique first would be able to open the palace door and enter the interior. In other words, whoever was faster would gain an advantage.

Jing Lfeng looked at Ling Chuan and tentatively said, "Mr. Ling, I never expected that Mr. Bai is your grandson? So, Mr. Bai Chenxing is actually your..."

Ling Chuan smiled and proudly said, "Yes, he is my son-in-law! Chenxing, don't you plan on calling me father-in-law?"

Bai Chenxing glanced at Ling Chuan and said, "If my father-in-law Qu is willing to accept you as my father-in-law, then I will call you so."

For some reason, it was easy for Bai Chenxing to call Qu Kun, who was a Martial Maestro level, his father-in-law, but he had trouble calling Ling Chuan, who was a Martial Sage level, father-in-law.

Ling Chuan looked disdainfully at Bai Chenxing and said, "How dare you! When my son wakes up, I will make sure he stays away from you."

Bai Chenxing glanced at Ling Chuan indifferently and said, "Whether or not Xinyang wants to acknowledge you is uncertain."

Ling Chuan smugly stared at Bai Chenxing and said, "What did the Bai family teach you? They taught you not to respect your elders? Yes, it's possible that Xinyang may not want to acknowledge me, but I am still his father. You better pray that he will acknowledge you. If he doesn't want to acknowledge you, he can still remarry. Boy, take care of yourself."

Bai Chenxing: "..."

Ye Shi: "..."

Qu Kun: "..."