547

547. Doors (1)

In the Fate Clan meeting hall, dozens of elders from the Fate Clan gathered.

"The Grand Elder's soul lamp has gone out."

"And Seventeenth Elder's soul lamp has also extinguished."

"I don't believe it. Seventeenth Elder is a newly appointed Martial Sage. It's possible that something happened to him, but the Grand Elder, he is a Seven-Star Martial Sage. Who could be his match?"

Zhuang Tianyang's position in the Fate Clan was esteemed. With his death, the Fate Clan fell into chaos.

"Elder Yaoyue's soul lamp is still on. We may know what happened when she comes out."

"Have we found out about the casualties of other forces?"

"Except for the Alchemy Tower, there have been no reported casualties from the other forces."

This time, Alchemy Tower sent a total of ten people, five of them belonging to the major alchemy families under the Alchemy Tower, and the other five, one was the Alchemy Tower's Tower Master, one was the Alchemy Tower's Supreme Elder, and three were Martial Sages from the Fate Clan.

Now, all the people from the five alchemy families have died.

This is not hard to understand. These people had contact with the Grand Elder and others, so they must have known something and couldn't be left alive.

There was a grudge between the Alchemy Palace and the Bai family. Killing these people would conveniently be blamed on the Bai family.

However, what is happening now? Both the Grand Elder and the Seventeenth Elder have died.

They sent in three Martial Sages, and their strength should have been enough to kill the other people inside, but now, the people from the other forces are fine, yet their Fate Clan has lost two Martial Sages.

...

Alchemy Palace.

Zhuang Yaoyue was being besieged by Mu Chen, Ling Chuan, and Ye Shi, and she fought while retreating.

Zhuang Yaoyue looked gloomy. This was the seventh time she had been besieged in the secret realm. During this period, she clashed with Mu Chen and the others continuously. Sometimes, she would take the initiative to mess with Mu Chen and the others, while other times, Mu Chen and the others would set a trap for her. Both sides had their own wins and losses.

Zhuang Yaoyue was frustrated to find that these three people were becoming more and more difficult to deal with.

Her strength has basically stabilized, but Mu Chen and Ye Shi were still in the ascendant stage. Every time they fought, Zhuang Yaoyue felt that these three people became even harder to deal with. This feeling made Zhuang Yaoyue both angry and helpless.

"Boom!" With a loud noise, a ninth-grade Exploding Flame Pearl exploded.

Zhuang Yaoyue quickly retreated, but she was still injured by the explosion.

In anger, Zhuang Yaoyue roared and unwillingly activated a ninth-grade talisman, blocking the three people and escaping.

"She ran." Ye Shi said with some frustration.

"Hmm." Mu Chen nodded. Martial Sages are truly difficult to deal with. It's fortunate that they killed with Zhuang Tianyang beforehand. Otherwise, with that old man and this woman working together, they would have had a lot of trouble.

"We're short one spiritual herb again." Ye Shi said in frustration.

Only Zhuang Yaoyue and they entered the central hall, so the one who took the spiritual herb must be Zhuang Yaoyue.

After Zhuang Yaoyue attacked Mu Chen, the two sides officially broke out into a fight. Ye Shi set traps in several important places in the Alchemy Palace and would engage Zhuang Yaoyue whenever he found her trace, resulting in intense fights.

Zhuang Yaoyue also launched several surprise attacks during Mu Chen's alchemy refining, hindering his progress.

Both sides were wary of each other and caused trouble for each other.

"You may have injured her," Mu Chen said.

Zhuang Yaoyue had exceptional strength. If she had been determined to escape, neither Mu Chen nor Ling Chuan could have stopped her or hurt her. However, Zhuang Yaoyue underestimated Ye Shi's capabilities, and Ling Chuan had given Ye Shi a level nine Flame Burst Bead. Zhuang Yaoyue never took Ye Shi seriously, giving Ye Shi a good chance to hurt her.

Frustrated, Ye Shi said, "I wish I could kill her."

Ye Shi lowered his head, clenched his fist. Zhuang Yaoyue had intervened several times during Mu Chen's alchemy refining. The first time she did so, Mu Chen had been prepared, but he still ended up severely injured, almost causing backlash in his soul power. Ye Shi had despised this woman long ago.

Zhuang Yaoyue activated her soul power to open a portal and entered the palace she had come from.

"Elder, are you injured?" Mo Lixuan looked at Zhuang Yaoyue with concern.

Zhuang Yaoyue closed her eyes and waved her hand, saying, "It's nothing, but a minor injury."

Mo Lixuan held a high position and power in the Alchemy Tower, but his status in the Fate Clan was not high. After hearing Zhuang Yaoyue's words, Mo Lixuan wisely stood aside without saying much, though there was a trace of worry on his face.

Mo Lixuan bit his lip. Two of the three martial sages sent by the Fate Clan had died, and only Zhuang Yaoyue remained. If the Clan pressed this matter, it would be hard for him to escape blame.

Zhuang Yaoyue looked at the wounds on her body, feeling frustrated. She had been injured by a three-star Martial Saint. Although Ye Shi had various means at his disposal, Zhuang Yaoyue didn't think much of him due to his weak strength. She never expected that this person she had always looked down upon would cause her such a great loss.

...