538

538. Falling into a Trap (2)

"I didn't expect you to become a Five-Star Martial Saint so quickly. I was worried you would only be a Martial Maestro. Fortunately, I came this time. Otherwise, in a while, I might not be able to suppress you," Zhuang Tianyang said, looking at Mu Chen with a hint of relief.

Mu Chen looked at him warily, a trace of panic on his face.

"Senior, what do you mean?" Mu Chen tried his best to remain calm but couldn't hide his uneasiness.

Zhuang Tianyang sneered, his eyes revealing a wicked and confident look. "What you meant by issuing a reward in the Tianji Secret Realm, I meant the same thing."

Mu Chen turned to run, but an invisible force restrained his actions.

"Young friend, although you have exceptional talent, you have been too arrogant and presumptuous. I hope in your next life, you will remember this lesson. There is still much for you to learn, young man," Zhuang Tianyang said calmly.

There was panic and fear on Mu Chen's face. "Senior, it is not a manner to bully someone way younger than you." He said.

The old man sneered, and invaded Mu Chen's mind with powerful soul strength.

The panic and fear on Mu Chen's face disappeared, replaced by a cold smile on his lips.

"Old man, even though you're quite old, there are still many things you need to learn. Yet, you foolishly came to my territory and sought your own death. How ridiculous," Mu Chen laughed arrogantly.

"Kid, what do you want?" Zhang Tianyang finally realized that something was wrong.

In an instant, the unique fire in Mu Chen's sea of consciousness surrounded Zhang Tianyang's soul.

Under normal circumstances, the power of Soul Stealing Technique was actually limited. However, it was mentioned in the technique that if the practitioner possessed a unique fire, the power of the technique would be infinitely amplified.

"It's too late to leave now," Mu Chen sneered.

Zhang Tianyang felt a shock in his heart and tried to return to his body, but was blocked by the unique fire. As soon as Zhang Tianyang's soul touched the unique fire, it made a sizzling sound.

Mu Chen activated the Soul Stealing Technique, assimilating Zhang Tianyang's soul power for himself.

"How dare you!" Feeling his soul power being taken away, Zhang Tianyang roared angrily, his voice filled with anger and a hint of fear.

Mu Chen chuckled and had nothing to fear.

"Old man, you've underestimated this brat. I've already warned you about underestimating this  kid," a teasing voice came over.

When Mu Chen saw the woman in front of him, his heart sank.

Mu Chen frowned. Three Martial Sages from the Fate Clan had come in, one of them killed by Bai Chenxing and Ling Chuan working together, and the other two were present now.

Mu Chen squinted. This woman was probably the infamous Yaoyue mentioned by this old man.

This woman should have come in a long time ago, but she never appeared until now. Perhaps even Zhang Tianyang didn't know that she had arrived earlier.

"Yaoyue, what are you waiting for? Kill him quickly!" Zhang Tianyang anxiously shouted.

Yaoyue smiled and said, "Why rush? It's just the Soul Stealing Technique."

Zhang Tianyang's soul was continuously churning. In an instant, he understood that Yaoyue wanted to wait until both he and Mu Chen were injured before making her move.

Mu Chen frowned and activating his mind connection, immediately released Ling Chuan from the Spirit Tower.

When Yaoyue saw Ling Chuan, the smug expression on her face vanished, and she became vigilant.

The last door of the palace opened, only drawing the person who opened it inside. Yaoyue was the first to enter the center of the palace, never expecting that Ling Chuan would be brought in by Mu Chen as well.

Seeing Ling Chen blocking Yaoyue, Mu Chen felt relieved. He thought, it was dangerous. Fortunately, I didn't release Ling Chuan from the Spirit Tower before; otherwise, Ling Chuan would have been locked outside like Bai Chenxing.

In a critical situation, Mu Chen disregarded preserving the integrity of the opponent's soul power and commanded the unique fire to burn his soul power.

The Soul Stealing Technique quickly activated, and Zhang Tianyang's soul screamed continuously within Mu Chen's sea of consciousness.

"Damn it, damn it," Zhang Tianyang's soul power anxiously dashed around in Mu Chen's sea of consciousness.

Mu Chen laughed coldly. Zhang Tianyang's power was too strong; if he were to escape, it would be difficult to deal with him in the future. This time, he had to kill him for good.

Although Yaoyue wanted to rush over and help, she was held back by Ling Chuan.

An indescribable sneer flashed in Mu Chen's eyes. Even if the opponent was a Martial Sage, it didn't matter. Since his soul's separate from their body recklessly and enter his consciousness, that soul would naturally never return.

"You bastard," Zhuang Yaoyue cursed in anger.

The Soul Stealing Technique reached its peak, and the unique fire burned vigorously. Mu Chen absorbed Zhang Tianyang's soul power with the ultimate force.

Zhuang Yaoyue watched this scene, her eyes filled with fury.

Although Zhuang Yaoyue had conflicts with Zhang Tianyang, they were both members of the Fate Clan. Although Zhuang Yaoyue wanted to teach Zhang Tianyang a lesson, she had never thought of actually killing him!