537

537. Falling into a Trap (1)

Bai Chengfeng saw Mu Chen and Bai Chenxing walking out of the Spirit Tower and was instantly surprised. "Why are there only the two of you? What about Senior Ling Chuan and the others?"

Mu Chen shrugged helplessly and said, "Stone gave birth, and the two grandfathers are taking care of him."

Bai Chengfeng was astonished. "Yanxing gave birth? So soon? Wasn't there still some time left?"

Mu Chen squinted his eyes and thought to himself: It was supposed to take more time, but the flow of time inside the Spirit Tower is slow.

"Stone ate too well and too much. Our sons are strong and couldn't wait to come out." Mu Chen explained.

Generally, newborns are wrinkled, but both of their children were chubby, with double chins and dimples on their hands. It was evident that these two babies were big eaters.

Bai Chengfeng looked excitedly at Bai Chenxing and asked, "Fifteenth brother, have you chosen their names? What are their names? Our Bai family will have two more extraordinary talents."

Bai Chenxing smiled and said, "Not yet, no rush."

Ling Chuan said that the two children will have the surnames Ling and Qu.

Qu Kun had always scoffed at Ling Chuan's words, but when it came to surnames, he sided with Ling Chuan.

Yanxing, on the other hand, had objections, but he believed that the children should take Mu Chen's surname, Mu.

Qu Kun suggested that Yanxing and Mu Chen would have another child with the surname Mu, while these two would have the surnames Qu and Ling.

In this way, Yanxing would have to bear at least four children before one could have the surname Bai.

Bai Chengfeng felt that Bai Chenxing's face looked unpleasant. Thinking of Ling Chuan, Bai Chengfeng immediately understood.

"Mu Chen, your strength has increased again." Bai Chengfeng exclaimed in surprise.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes! I am now at the level of a Five-Star Martial Saint."

During this period, Mu Chen had taken many spirit medicines that enhanced his cultivation. His soul power constantly increased, driving his cultivation to rise.

Bai Chengfeng: "..." He had advanced to the Martial Saint level before Mu Chen, but now Mu Chen was already a Five-Star Martial Saint, while he was still a Two-Star Martial Saint. It was embarrassing.

"How did your cultivation advance so fast? Could it be... you also cultivated with Yanxing in bed? Wait, that's not right! Yanxing is pregnant." Bai Chengfeng glared at Mu Chen with widened eyes and said accusingly, "Did you..." It was despicable. Yanxing was pregnant, yet Mu Chen made love to Yanxing. He was such a beast.

"What nonsense are you thinking? Mu Chen has good aptitude. Do you think you can compare to him?" Bai Chenxing coldly retorted.

Bai Chengfeng: "..."

...

Mu Chen probed the strength of his soul into the lock and inspected it.

"Can you unlock it?" Bai Chenxing asked.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "I should be able to." He had comprehended all twelve stone tablets, and his soul power had undergone a great transformation, surpassing his previous abilities.

"In that case, go ahead," Bai Chenxing said.

Bai Chengfeng hesitated and asked, "Should we call Senior Ling?"

Bai Chenxing shook his head and said, "No need. If something comes out that we can't handle, we can call him later."

Bai Chengfeng thought for a moment and nodded, saying, "Alright then."

Mu Chen carefully probed his soul power into the lock and began to unlock it.

The lock was complex and intricate, and a single misstep could cause a backlash to the one trying to unlock it.

Mu Chen's soul power rapidly circulated, and he dared not let his focus waver.

With a click, the lock was unlocked.

However, instead of the door opening like before, a burst of white light emerged and engulfed Mu Chen in.

Bai Chenxing and Bai Chengfeng were left outside the door.

"What did just happen?" Bai Chengfeng frowned.

Bai Chenxing examined the door and said anxiously, "The strength of this door is not much weaker than the first one."

Bai Chengfeng gritted his teeth and thought, "In that case, could they be trapped here and unable to escape..."

Bai Chenxing glared at Bai Chengfeng and said, "What nonsense are you talking about?"

...

As soon as Mu Chen was engulfed in the door, he was immersed in rich spiritual energy.

Mu Chen looked around and passed through the final door, entering an entirely different world behind it.

At the center of the palace, there was a massive medicinal garden filled with various spiritual herbs, all shrouded in a grand formation.

"You arrived so quickly. I thought the second person to enter would be Yaoyue, that annoying woman. But she didn't come, and you arrived instead. Perfect, perfect," a gloomy voice sounded in Mu Chen's ears.

The hairs on Mu Chen's body stood on end.

Looking at the black-clothed man in front of him, Mu Chen couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows. The old man seemed to be from the Fate Clan and possessed unpredictable strength.