549

549. Ninth-level Alchemy Medicine (1)

"Mu Chen, your alchemy has reached the late eighth level?" In the Spirit Tower, Bai Chengfeng looked at Mu Chen with shining eyes and asked.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "Yes."

He had quite a few late eighth-level spirit materials and had already refined late eighth-level alchemy medicines for three times, succeeding twice and failing once.

Bai Chengfeng looked at Mu Chen with admiration and sincerely said, "You're really amazing!"

Bai Chengfeng said in a low voice: The Elder Mo Lixuan, who is so aloof and never easily takes action, is just a late-level alchemist of the eighth stage.

That man was an old man with blurred vision and a withered appearance, while Mu Chen was in his prime, handsome and suave, the dream lover of countless beauties. There's no comparison! There's a huge difference.

"I just got lucky," Mu Chen said casually.

If it wasn't for obtaining the Spirit Tower, if it wasn't for the coincidence of entering the Alchemy Palace, he wouldn't have reached this far.

Bai Chengfeng said dismissively, "Chen, you are too modest. Our Bai Family has also cultivated many alchemists. These alchemists, each one thinks highly of themselves, their lives are as fragile as paper, and the value of the pills they refine is not comparable to the spiritual herbs they waste. However, they act as if they are extraordinary. When you go out, you must suppress their arrogance."

Towards the end, Bai Chengfeng couldn't help but feel a little annoyed.

Bai Chengfeng still didn't know that half of the alchemists in the Bai Family had already left.

Mu Chen smiled faintly and said, "Alchemists always have their pride."

Bai Chengfeng curled his lips and felt a sense of helplessness. The alchemists in Zhongzhou had long been spoiled by the cultivators. But it was understandable. Cultivators' advancement depended on pills.

"When do you plan to refine the Spirit Returning Pill?" Bai Chengfeng asked.

Mu Chen frowned and said, "I still need to wait a little longer."

His success rate in refining Spirit Returning Pills was already seventy percent, but this pill was too precious to afford any failure.

Although Zhuang Yaoyue was injured and shouldn't appear in the short term, no one could guarantee it. If this woman appeared while he was refining the Spirit Returning Pill, things would be troublesome.

Fortunately, Bai Chenxing's injuries were almost healed. Once the injuries of his father-in-law were completely healed, with the joint efforts of Ling Chuan and Bai Chenxing, together with Ye Shi, they should be able to stop Zhuang Yaoyue.

So he still needed to wait. It was likely that his alchemy skills would become more refined when Bai Chenxing's injuries were completely healed. At that time, it would be the right time.

...

Bai Chengfeng wandered around the Spirit Tower and found Ye Shi, who was accompanying Baby One and Baby Two.

"Eat, eat, eat." Baby One hugged Ye Shi's arm and looked at him eagerly with his big round eyes.

Ye Shi puffed his cheeks and said, "Baby One, you're so heavy! I was skinny at your age. It's because I was skinny that I married a good man. If you want to marry a good wife, you have to be slim too. Enduring hardships is the path to success. You've eaten enough today and can't eat anymore."

Bai Chengfeng rubbed his nose and thought to himself: Whether you marry happily or not has little to do with how much you eat. It's more about Mu Chen's strange taste.

Ye Shi swallowed the jerky in one bite, and Baby One whimpered twice before biting Ye Shi's hand.

Ye Shi helplessly shook his hand and said, "My hand doesn't taste good. Let go quickly!"

Baby One bit Ye Shi's hand with a determined expression on his face.

Ye Shi reluctantly took out a piece of jerky, and Baby One immediately let go of Ye Shi's hand and pounced on the jerky.

Bai Chengfeng: "..."

Baby Two sat on the ground, hugging his feet and gnawing on his toes.

Ye Shi said helplessly, "Baby Two, don't bite randomly! It's dirty!"

Bai Chengfeng looked at Ye Shi, rubbed his nose, and secretly thought: Ye Shi basically does nothing serious every day. Still, his cultivation has already reached the level of a four-star Martial Saint, while I, who work so hard, am only a three-star Martial Saint. It's truly sad!

"Yanxing, I haven't seen your two grandfathers recently!" Bai Chengfeng said.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Grandfather Qu said that Grandfather Ling went to make extra money."

"Extra money?" Bai Chengfeng asked with some confusion.

Ye Shi nodded and said, "Yes! Grandfather Ling Chuan has been relying on Mu Chen for a long time. He finally realizes the need for making money. As for Grandfather Qu, who knows when he'll get pregnant? Ling Chuan will soon become the breadwinner of the family."

Bai Chengfeng: "..."

Bai Chengfeng looked at Ye Shi's contented expression and felt a sense of unease. If Ling Chuan is a freeloader in Ye Shi's eyes, then he must be one too. He should reflect on himself as well.

...

Qu Kun stood by Ling Chuan's side and asked with some doubt, "Ling, are you sure you can do it? You've been burning this door for so many days."

Ling Chuan smiled and said, "I should be able to."

Qu Kun sneered, "You borrowed the strange fire from Mu Chen! If you still can't do it, you would embarrass yourself."

Ling Chuan calmly replied, "It should be almost done. Don't worry, I won't let you be embarrassed."

"It's you who would be embarrassed, not me. It's got nothing to do with me," Qu Kun said unhappily.

"I'm your man! Of course, it has something to do with you," Ling Chuan said.

Qu Kun's face suddenly darkened. "Shut up. We have nothing to do with each other."

"We are both going to have a baby. You're saying this kind of thing now. Really..." Ling Chuan sighed.

Qu Kun gritted his teeth and looked at Ling Chuan, "Get lost."

Ling Chuan sighed softly and said, "You are always like this."

Qu Kun turned his face away and didn't bother to say more to Ling Chuan.