539

539. Spoils (1)

After devouring Zhuang Tianyang's soul force, Mu Chen's strength instantly rose to the level of a Six-star Martial Saint.

"You, you killed him?" Zhuang Yaoyue looked at Mu Chen in disbelief.

Zhuang Tianyang was one of the top experts of the Fate Clan, a Seven-star Martial Sage. His death both shocked and pleased Zhuang Yaoyue. If Zhuang Tianyang hadn't made a move, she would have tried to possess Mu Chen. In that case, she would have been the one who had no chance of reincarnation after having her soul devoured by Mu Chen.

Mu Chen chuckled coldly and said, "He brought it upon himself. What can I do about it?"

Mu Chen licked his lips, feeling unsatisfied, as he stared at Zhuang Yaoyue with burning eyes.

Mu Chen secretly thought to himself, "It's a pity that Zhuang Yaoyue appeared too early. Otherwise, I could have taken them one by one and captured them all at once."

Zhuang Yaoyue looked at Mu Chen, her heart burning with anger. Mu Chen absorbed Zhuang Tianyang's soul force and still wasn't satisfied. It seemed like he had set his sights on her.

"You bastard," Zhuang Yaoyue angrily cursed.

The Fate Clan initially had sent three Martial Saints, but one of them was ambushed and killed by Ling Chuan shortly after entering. Now, Zhuang Tianyang had died unjustly. Zhuang Yaoyue couldn't help but feel a sense of despair.

Zhuang Yaoyue struck out at Mu Chen. Mu Chen coldly smiled, summoning the Heavenly Flame and meeting her attack head-on.

"Bang!" Their palms clashed, and they both took a step back.

Mu Chen coldly smiled and struck out again. Countless killing formations flew out from his hands. Mu Chen's control over formations had become much more exquisite after refining them through countless battles.

Seeing Mu Chen take the initiative to attack her, Zhuang Yaoyue became even angrier.

Mu Chen knew that there were more than ten powerful Martial Sages in the Fate Clan. Thinking about the possibility of encountering many Martial Sages after leaving, Mu Chen's battle morale surged.

With the Spiritual Tower, the Sky Devouring Insects, and the strange fire, Mu Chen had countless methods and fought more fiercely as the battle went on.

Zhuang Yaoyue's expression kept changing. It was already troublesome enough dealing with Ling Chuan alone. Now, she had to face Mu Chen, who could challenge opponents of a higher level.

Zhuang Yaoyue's eyes quickly flashed with a thought. Ling Chuan suddenly realized something and hurriedly rushed forward. He blocked Zhuang Yaoyue while shouting at Mu Chen, "Quick, collect the body! She wants to snatch the spoils!"

Mu Chen didn't hesitate and summoned the Spiritual Tower as he collected Zhuang Tianyang's body.

Zhuang Yaoyue felt extremely bitter in her heart. As the elder of the Fate Clan, Zhuang Tianyang was wealthy. Previously, the body of the newly appointed elder of the Fate Clan, whom Ling Chuan and Bai Chenxing had killed, was also in Zhuang Tianyang's spatial ring.

After Mu Chen collected the body, he immediately became enraged at the thought of Zhuang Yaoyue trying to snatch the spoils. Without holding back, he attacked.

Zhuang Yaoyue was forced to retreat step by step by Mu Chen and Ling Chuan. She had no choice but to leave temporarily and avoid their attacks.

Mu Chen and Ling Chuan, joining forces, might be able to suppress Zhuang Yaoyue, but they couldn't stop her from escaping.

"Too bad she got away," Mu Chen said, frowning.

Ling Chuan furrowed his brow and said, "Yeah."

"If she had tried to possess me, it would have been great. But unfortunately, after what happened to Zhuang Tianyang, she's probably not foolish enough to do that," Mu Chen said with regret.

Ling Chuan twitched the corner of his mouth. What kind of person was Mu Chen, actually hoping for someone to possess him?

"Letting that woman escape means the other Martial Sages from the Fate Clan probably won't try to possess me either. It's really regrettable," Mu Chen said with a hint of sorrow.

Ling Chuan furrowed his brow and said, "It's just a one-time thing."

Mu Chen nodded and said, "You're right."

...

Receiving a transmission from Ye Shi in the Spirit Tower, Mu Chen released him.

"Why did you throw a corpse in here?" Ye Shi asked as he came out.

Mu Chen felt a bit guilty and said, "I was in a hurry and tossed it in. Didn't scare you, did it?"

Ye Shi shook his head and said, "No, who do you think I am? I'd be frightened by a corpse? It's just that Baby One and Baby Two were rolling around on top of it, fighting over a spatial ring they found on the body."

Mu Chen: "..."

Rolling around on a corpse?! The bravery of a newborn! My own sons are truly fearless!

Fighting over the ring on the corpse, they really have good judges. They immediately realized that the old man's ring was a good thing.

Brave and perceptive, they truly are my sons.

"Did Baby One and Baby Two fight? Can they already fight each other?" Mu Chen asked dubiously.

"They can crawl, and they crawl pretty fast. Baby One peed on Baby Two, and Baby Two peed on Baby One. Those two little kiddos," Ye Shi said with a frown, annoyed.

Mu Chen raised an eyebrow and secretly thought: Children in this realm are different from the ones in the previous world. They can crawl shortly after being born, but it's also possible that these two children have unique talents.

"What a foolish thing to fight over a dead old man. But that old man seems pretty wealthy!" Ye Shi said, rolling his eyes. "That old man's spatial ring is special; it can store living creatures. I even found some spiritual veins, pills, books, and other things inside."

Mu Chen squinted his eyes, thinking: Jackpot.

"Who was that person?" Ye Shi asked, puzzled.