CH. 116-120

Chapter 116 Unprecedented Earthquake

Uncle Bai's youngest son's home is extremely simple.

The house with three bedrooms and one living room looks very compact.

The solid wood furniture at home are all old styles from more than ten years ago.

Mrs. Bai was very enthusiastic and served a cup of freshly brewed tea.

The city's water supply was in short supply, and she was reluctant to take an extra sip.

The big yellow dog had already rushed up to bite its owner's trouser legs, and peeed excitedly.

Zhou Chen had reason to suspect that Gouzi was excited because he wanted to eat the big bone stick.

The two grandsons of the Bai family were playing with the wild rabbit. Knowing that the rabbit was going to be taken away, they looked very reluctant to part with it.

Zhou Chen found something was wrong with one of the rabbits, and his belly was a little bloated.

Mrs. Bai explained: "I only discovered in the past few days that she is a pregnant rabbit and will give birth soon."

Zhou Chen: "..."

Isn't this too troublesome?

In just one second, he decided to take only the dog.

Rabbits are fertile and can give birth to several litters a year, with several animals in each litter.

After a major earthquake, food will be even more scarce than now.

Even soldiers go hungry.

Although Uncle Bai is a member of the military, if he can survive the earthquake, he will at most be among the first people to enter the base.

For food, clothing, housing and transportation, you have to rely on yourself for everything.

The couple are both elderly, so it is too dangerous to go outside the base to grab supplies from young refugees.

Raising rabbits in exchange for food is actually a very good way out.

Mrs. Bai was very surprised when Zhou Chen said he would not take away the rabbit.

"Xiao Zhou, there are very few animals alive now. Rabbits are very fertile. You'd better bring them all." "We don't know

when the natural disaster will end. Your family has a large population. It's not enough to support the family with only Deputy Commander Bai's rations. I'll leave it to you." Come on."

Mrs. Bai was very grateful!

In fact, even though he took refuge with his younger son, there was really not enough food to eat!

If you can raise this pair of rabbits, and the rabbits can regenerate rabbits, it can actually solve part of the food ration problem.

A few pleasantries were exchanged.

Zhou Chen took Gouzi to say goodbye.

Uncle Bai repeatedly tried to persuade him to stay: "Let's have a casual meal before leaving."

Zhou Chen refused: "I made an appointment with someone to trade, so it's not good to be late."

Even if he only eats two potatoes, one of the Bai family members may starve to death in the future.

With the action of taking out his bag, he took out two bottles of quick-acting life-saving pills.

Uncle Bai looked shocked and refused to accept anything he said.