Chapter 25

The rain fell down at a steady pace, and nothing put calming silence. A figure could be seen laying on wet cold ground facing up at the sky. Soilders could be heard running all over checking their fellow comrades. A few alive, many dead. Graves makes it down to seeing many of his men dead or injured. He was in conflict, to say the least. If only they walked away, none of this would have happened. He watched as his men came with med kits or stretchers, while some took to move the dead in a single line.

"Listen. I want the injured treated and taken back to base immediately. As for the dead,...bag them up and take them to base." Graves orders, while many more shadows join in.

Graves eyes searches, "Storm, this is Shadow-1. Do you copy?"

A few soldiers glance around, having many of the corpses line up, "Nothing over here, sir."

Graves nods and glances at the injured, a solider shakes their head,"Nothing, Sir."

Graves smacks his lips, glancing down, his arms crossed, "Sir! Over here!"

Graves snaps up, paces his way down the street, and sees a soldier and a figure lying down. Graves stumbles to a stop and glances down to see Storm laying down, eyes closed, and a wound on their chest. A pool of blood surround them, Graves eyes widen at the sight.

"I'll be damned." Graves whispers before bending down to place his finger on their neck to check their pulse.

He didn't feel a pulse. Disbelief filled his chest, "Storm didn't make it...okay bag them up."

The soilder nods before signaling other soldiers to come over to grab Storm body. Graves has his arms relaxed on his legs, eyes glazed over on Storm, "It seems someone finally killed you."

A roof top from above, Wolf stands watches the scene, with sad eyes, "I thought nothing could kill you."

A soldier grabs under Storm arms and another drags Storm legs before dragging them to a vechile. Storm was placed in between two corpses, as the soldiers got out, as Graves eyes Storm.

Graves watches as they shut the back door of the vechile of many men fallen. Graves give them a nod, a smack on the vechile telling them its good to go. The truck drives off as Graves watches it turn before going back to his soldiers.

Wolf watches the whole sad eyes, "Hm, looks like the outcome wasn't expected even by you Storm."

Wolf glances at the Commander, wondering what he is thinking as he talks with a shadow about the injured. Turns around to go send their report.

Soap and Ghost made it to a barn building as the sun starts to wise, both of them getting out ,"Where are we?"

As they both pace to the building, weapons in hand, "Alejandro safehouse. Gave me the location just in case."

"Why he didn't tell me?" Soap offended, thought back on Storm.

"What if I need to know-?" Soap grips back.

"Shh." Ghost orders, while they approach a door.

They avoid a pressure plate and before heading to the window. Soap climbs up and over gun up, eyes searching. Ghost climbing up to a seal. A laser landed in Soap, "Don't move"

Throws a knife into a side bean the figure jumps back into hiding, "Who's there?"

"Rodolfo." Soap calls out.

Rodolfo peaks out. "Soap? Ghost! You're alive."

"Affrimtive." Ghost comments, before jumping down.

Rodolfo grabs the knife jumps down, meeting them in the middle, "Good to see you amigos."