Chapter 4

Soonyoung must be extremely lucky, as after receiving that faux knot, his body must have assumed it was real. The 'breeding' portion of his heat ended early, and he spent the rest of it in the practice rooms saying he wanted to 'sweat it out'.

Seungcheol however, is not so lucky with his rut. And god was his scent driving Jisoo and Jeonghan nuts. It appears that Soonyoung didn't care too much for it, saying something like "Alpha scents aren't that appealing.."

Interesting, but that's for another time.

Right now, the oldest omegas are sitting in the living room with a few of the pups. It was a peaceful day until two of the pups started wrestling on the floor, interrupting the melancholy silence.

It was Seungkwan and Seokmin, very obviously play fighting. How endearing.

Yet, as Seungkwan whined from being in a head lock, their second youngest pup, Hansol, sat up and growled at him.

What?

Hansol covers his mouth in embarrassment, looking just as bewildered as everyone else in the room.

"Aigoo.. Vernonie is growing up?" Jisoo teases, rubbing his wrist on the embarrassed pup's neck.

Seungkwan had since detangled himself from Seokmin and sat next to Hansol. Hansol reddens and hugs his knees.

"You two are just growing up." Jeonghan attempts to comfort, only for Seungkwan to scowl at him, "You sound like my mom."

Jeonghan shrugs, "Your mom is right, then."

The maknaes huff, but they're still obviously embarrassed from what just happened. Even if it was just a growl, it certainly insinuates some things that they are obviously not ready to talk about.

February 7th, 2014

Seungcheol's rut finally breaks, and he emerges from the room looking like he was hit by a bus. It was obviously an intense one, considering it seemed spurred on by that alpha in the mall that hit on 'his' omegas.

Jisoo and Jeonghan immediately crowd around him, fussing over his unkempt hair and how drained the poor alpha appears.

"Cheol-ah, let's go get some dinner." Jeonghan suggests, only for Seungcheol to shake his head and plop onto the couch. "I'd rather not be near any alpha right now."

Jeonghan snickers, sitting next to him but keeping his distance for now. The alpha did reek, mainly of frustration.

"Okay.. Well how did your rut go?" Jeonghan asks politely, crossing his legs and sitting all dainty.

Seungcheol doesn't give a direct answer, but instead asks, "Who gave me slick stained underwear?"

Jeonghan looks quite surprised by this, and turns to Jisoo, who blushes and looks at the floor. "Well, I had to get the knotting toy for Soonyoung-ah, and you looked kind of pathetic sleeping there."

"Wait, for Soonyoung-ah? Shit, was that who I smelled?"

"Yeah, your rut sent the poor pup into heat."

Seungcheol immediately stands up, "But- Where is he? Isn't he in heat still? He needs to be home." obviously brandishing his protective leader charms.

"Aigoooo, Cheolie, his heat broke really quick. He's with the pack right now." Jisoo tugs him back down to sit on the couch, the alpha looking a little bewildered.

Seungcheol pinches the bridge of his nose, exhaling and just trying to relax, "Okay. Can we just watch TV and wait for the pups to get home? I need to scent them."