Chapter 62

Trigger Warning: Going forward chapters will have references/discuss depression, death, dying, suicide, self harm, self hate, violence, bullying and other topics within those realms. Mental health is important and I want you guys to stay safe while reading. Please take care of yourself <3

Chapter 62:

There were tears streaming down my face this time when I woke up.

"We will act like you never existed and you can leave Ipswich and never come back."

"I think the easiest and quickest way to test that theory is if you were to leave Ipswich."

"Pogue has asked us to... keep some distance from you and it's easier to do that."

"Honestly, it would have been better for everyone if they just drowned you."

There was no escape from Lillian's broken record. She enjoyed my misery and my pain. She loved to remind me that I was nothing to anyone and I was dumb to think that I would ever be. I would never be anything to anyone.

The jackhammering in my head replaced the broken record of quotes, Lillian had put me through. Sarah and Kate's beds were empty once again. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and my eyes were bloodshot and puffy. I could barely stand to look at myself. I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth before heading out the door to get to class.

As I closed the room door and went to lock it, I noticed the "We Hate Blair Wall" that was my door, was filled with new stupid drawings and hateful notes.

Lovely.

I rolled my eyes as people stood outside in the hallway, their phones at the ready to catch my reaction. It was always the same, an eye roll and walking away.

"Good morning." Chase slipped to my side and started to walk with me.

"Morning," I said to him. We stopped by the vending machine and I grabbed my usual energy drinks. "Want anything?" I asked, feeding the cash into the slot. I pushed the buttons and the drink came tumbling down.

"No, thank you," he said, slipping his hand into the big slot and grabbing the drink for me. He handed it to me flashing me a bright smile that I couldn't return fully. "You sleep okay?" he asked as we started walking again.

I nodded my head, not having the energy to verbally lie. He stopped, grabbing my hand and turning me to him. He looked at me like he was searching for something. "Let's hang out tonight," he said with a softness in his voice.

"And do what?" I asked, nervous about what he had in mind. He said he would wait for me to tell him how I felt. Maybe he was done waiting and wanted an answer now.

"How about I come over and we just see what happens?" he says. I raised my eyebrow at him. "I mean we can do whatever we feel like. If we want to go out we can or stay in or whatever," he clarified, smiling down at me.

I contemplated it for a moment. What was the harm in him coming over for a little bit? It would give me something to do rather than lay in bed, being by myself and debating on whether I should just leave.

"That sounds cool," I said with a nod.

His smile grew bigger as his round cheeks turned a little red. "Awesome. I have swim practice after classes but I will come over right after."

The final warning bell rang and everyone started to scatter, trying to get to class before they were late. Chase's class was in the opposite direction of mine and we knew this was the point we needed to diverge. "Tonight then," I said to him.