Chapter 70

Trigger Warning: Going forward chapters will have references/discuss depression, death, dying, suicide, self harm, self hate, violence, bullying and other topics within those realms. Mental health is important and I want you guys to stay safe while reading. Please take care of yourself <3

Chapter 70:

I didn't bother changing out of the clothes Reid gave me. I threw on a jacket and hopped into Tyler's car. Reid and I were silent on the ride over to The Conservatory. My mind couldn't decide which one it wanted to stress about. What happened between Reid and me or the fact that I was going to be seeing the others after everything.

The others were already there as we pulled in front of the building next to Pogue's bike and Caleb's car. Reid turned the car off and we just looked at the door, dread filling me. We both let out a deep sigh.

"Are you going to be okay?" Reid asked, breaking the silence.

I scoffed as I sat there, not okay. "Yeah, I will be good," I said, hoping that I would be. "Are you? I mean Pogue didn't want you anywhere near me. That's bound to make him upset."

"Yeah well he can deal. He doesn't get to dictate who I can hang out with," Reid stated, taking his seatbelt off. Then grabbed my hand and gently pulled on it for me to look at him. "If he starts some shit, I will take you out of there. If any of them do. You just say the word, give me a look, whatever, and we are gone," he assured me.

"That's very sweet of you Reid but I don't want to put you in the middle," I said.

"I'm putting myself in the middle. That's what I do," Reid said with his signature smirk.

There was no fighting him on it and though it was frustrating, it made me feel better about going into this meeting not knowing what was going to exactly happen. "Thank you. You're a good friend," I said, trying to keep my feelings in check. The last thing I needed to do was misinterpret anything between us.

"Friend. Of course. What are friends for," he muttered and then started to open the car door. I guess that was my signal it was time to go in. I pulled the latch of the door and Reid was already on the other side, opening it for me.

"Thanks."

I stuffed my hands in my jacket and before I could let my anxiety take over, I pushed open the door and let myself in. Reid followed behind me, shutting the door, and motioned for me to follow him as he called out to see where everyone was.

We made our way to the library section of the building and Pogue and Tyler were sitting on the couch, while Caleb was pacing back and forth going into different rooms and coming back. I wasn't sure where to look. I didn't want to see what Pogue or the others were feeling as I didn't know where I stood with them.

"Hey," Tyler said, breaking the silence, and looking at me. His eyes drifted over the light bruising on my face and the cuts on my cheek and lip.

"Hey," I said with a nod. Reid was standing by my side still and motioned to the two armchairs across from them. Unsure of how long we were going to be here, I decided that for my body it was best to sit rather than be stubborn and stand, so I took one and Reid took the other.

"Was anyone in the Potions Room?" Caleb asked, coming back into the library area, pointing behind him. "It's a mess in there," he added, annoyed.

I kept my face straight, trying not to react. I completely forgot that we didn't clean up in there and left the room. I slightly turned my head, looking at Reid who wasn't reacting at all but glanced at me, giving me an assuring look that he was going to keep his promise.