Chapter 65

Trigger Warning: Going forward chapters will have references/discuss depression, death, dying, suicide, self harm, self hate, violence, bullying and other topics within those realms. Mental health is important and I want you guys to stay safe while reading. Please take care of yourself <3

Chapter 65:

I dropped to the tile floor of the bathroom. Shards of the mirror were scattered across the floor. I sobbed. How could I have given in? Why couldn't I have stopped myself? My injuries were setting in and it hurt to breathe. I focused on healing myself, at least the internal injuries no one could see. Healing myself completely would bring in too many questions I could answer. Also, who knows what healing myself to that extent would do, after using so much of my power to heal Pogue.

Pogue.

He was getting his wish. He wanted me to leave. Caleb wanted me to go. Mr. Perry, even Tyler and Reid probably want me gone. Sarah and Kate. The school. They were all getting their wish.

I was leaving Ipswich tonight and I wasn't going to return.

I closed my eyes, feeling the stain of my magic heal what felt like cracked ribs and broken bones in my hands. I stopped the bleeding from my open wounds. Exhaustion filled me and I felt like I would pass out. I didn't have time to pass out. I needed to get cleaned up so I could pack. I pulled myself up off the floor with the help of the sink and shook off any shards of the mirror attached to me. Finding the first aid kit, I cleaned and covered my exposed cuts and gashes all over my body. I peeled the sweat and blood clothes off my body and threw them in the trash. There was no need to pack those.

I grabbed the biggest backpack I had from under the bed and packed it with my essentials. A few changes of clothes, the first aid kit, cash, some leftover energy drinks and granola bars I had lying around. The last thing I grabbed was my phone charger.

My body ached as I put on a thick zip-up hoodie and threw the filled backpack on. I was about to go out the room door but I stopped. Someone could see me and then what would happen? No, I needed to get out without anyone seeing me. I looked at the window in the room, the one Chase had, once upon a time, used to sneak to me.

I opened the window and climbed into the branch. If I remembered the layout correctly, if I stayed along the perimeter of the building, I would end up on the opposite side of the woods where I could cut through and get to where I parked.

I pushed past the burn in my muscles and finally reached my bike. Almost everyone had cleared either going home or closer to where the action had taken place so there was no one here to see me fleeing.

I have to leave.
It's the only way.

I didn't start my bike right away. In case there was anyone around, I didn't want them to see me. I pushed it a little into the woods and then hopped on it and raced to where the town line was.

"What are you going?!" Lillian shrieked in my head. It felt like she had sent an earthquake to the far reaches of my mind, causing my vision to go blurry.

"I'm leaving," I stated. "I'm not going to let you control me like that ever again." The trees rushed past me. It wasn't far to get to the edge of this small town and once I crossed over, it'll be all over.

"I wasn't in control of you, Blair. That was all you," she said proudly.

"I don't care. I am done. I am done with you and your mind games. I am done with hurting people. I'm done being here." Tears filled my eyes, but I refused to cry anymore. The farther I got away from the school, away from everyone I cared about, the more I felt the severity of what I was going to do.