Chapter 64

Trigger Warning: Going forward chapters will have references/discuss depression, death, dying, suicide, self harm, self hate, violence, bullying and other topics within those realms. Mental health is important and I want you guys to stay safe while reading. Please take care of yourself <3

Chapter 64:

My shift was finally over. After my little magic trick, chanting from the ghosts grew louder and the headache I was already having, hurt even worse. The cool air felt amazing against my face as I drove back to the dorms. The student parking lot was packed as I pulled into the lot. There were a bunch of people wandering around and hanging out, most not being Spencer students. I parked my bike and started walking towards the dorm building. Based on the way people were dressed, there must have been a party going on. In the parking lot of the school, weird, but who am I to judge the weird traditions of a prep academy?

Most people didn't seem to notice me, either not knowing who I was or they were too wrapped up in their own conversations to pay attention. It was borderline too cold to have a party but people seemed to figure out that having their cars running and their heaters blasting provided some kind of warmth for them.

I really didn't want to have to go through the crowd of people but it was the only way to get to the building. Annoyed, I shoved my hands in the pockets of my leather jacket and trekked forward, hoping no one would notice me. Weaving my way through people, I kept moving ahead. The music got louder the closer I got to my destination. There were small fire pits everywhere that people were huddled around. Most cars had the headlights turned on providing the light for people to see.

I was close. The entrance was right there but now I was surrounded by everyone from school, who all had noticed me. They started to whisper but since the music was now blaring, their whispers were basically shouting. They didn't care if I heard, they wanted me to hear. The flames that previously burned under my skin turned into electricity. I was on high alert. People pointed which drew more attention.

"No one invited you," came an annoying familiar voice. I rolled my eyes as Kira stepped in front of my path a few feet ahead of me with her little minions. There were six of them standing behind her, fanning out like they were in a band. I

"I don't even want to be here. Just trying to get to my room," I told, motioning towards the building that was so close but so far.

Kira scoffed as if I was lying to her. The rest of the party goers were interested in what was happening in the middle of the road.

"You know you're ruining senior year for everyone," she spat, folding her arms across her chest. "Caleb and the others haven't been around and it's all your fault!"

"Why are you so concerned with Caleb, Kira?" I asked, remembering her interaction with him at the beginning of the year when she saw me speaking with him. "Does someone want someone they can't have?" I taunted. I was electrified and whatever self control I had before when dealing with her, was no longer there. "Does Aaron know that you'd prefer his teammate rather than him? I feel bad for Aaron really, he's really wasting his time dating your sorry ass."

The crowd ooooed which brought in more people to watch our standoff. She growled as her face reddened, taking a few steps towards me, her hands now by her side, balled into fists. "You're ruining everything," she reiterated.

"You said that already. Got anything more clever to say than that?" I snapped back.

There were a few laughs that came from the crowd.

"I would have thought you would have gotten the message from all those notes we left you," she admitted. I wasn't surprised by that admission. I knew she either started it or contributed to the wall.