Chapter 6

"Reid, do you know something about me, that I don't?" I asked as we walked to the other side of the store.

"Now why would you ask that?" he asked still walking next to me. I stopped walking and turned to look at him.

"I moved to Ipswich because I was alone and I got into a school that lets me live on campus." I wasn't lying, exactly. "Is that what you want to hear?" I asked picking up my pace a little. He wasn't struggling to keep up with me.

"That's all I wanted to know," he answered. "Just keep straight and you'll hit the detergent aisle," he said then sharply turned away from me. I watched him walk through the clothing isles. What's his deal?

I found my way to the aisle I needed. He didn't steer me wrong which is a plus thing. I can't trust people like that. Tide, Tide, Tide? Where is the damn Tide?! I looked through the isle. I couldn't find it. I looked up and saw it at the top of the shelving unit.

"Really?" I said out loud. There was no way I could reach it all the way up there. I looked at the time on my phone and I was taking too much time trying to get this detergent. You got two options. Either get it or leave. I made sure there was no one coming into the aisle. Okay, time to quickly use my powers.

I swung my fingers as if I was telling the Tide to come down by itself. It tipped over and I caught it before it could crash to the ground. I checked to make sure no one saw that again and started to rush out the aisle. There was a pounding that entered into my head like someone was trying to get out. I slowed down from the pain, causing me to get a little dizzy.

"Hey are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said thinking I was talking to an employee.

"You don't look fine, Blair," he said. He knows my name. I turned my head and saw my new friend Chase looking down at me.

"I'm fine, Chase. Just a little headache," I answered picking myself up into a not slumped position. "What are you doing here?" I asked changing the subject.

"Getting the essentials!" he said with an adorable smile pointing to his hands with his head.

"Found her!" I looked over and saw Kate coming up to me. "We've been looking everywhere for you. We thought you got lost," she said standing across from me. "Hey, Chase!" she said acknowledging him that he was there.

"Kate," he answered with a little tip in his head.

"We were about to leave. Are you ready to go?" she asked with the biggest smile on her face. I raised my eyebrow at her but she continued to smile at me.

"I'm ready," I answered.

"I'll walk with you," Chase said. I nodded my head and we walked to the registers where we met up with the rest of the group. I paid for the stuff and we all walked out as a group. I walked behind the group and walked Chase to his car. He gave me a quick hug and we said our goodbyes. I walked back to the group, as each one of them was giving me a different look.

"What?" I asked feeling my cheeks start to turn a little pink.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Notes:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think. See you at the next chapter!

- Impact