Chapter 68

Trigger Warning: Going forward chapters will have references/discuss depression, death, dying, suicide, self harm, self hate, violence, bullying and other topics within those realms. Mental health is important and I want you guys to stay safe while reading. Please take care of yourself <3

Chapter 68:

Reid held me a while longer and I didn't mind. I missed him.

Pulling away a little Reid said, "I know there is more that you haven't shared or aren't ready to. Whenever you are, I'm here."

I tried my best to believe him. He was being completely honest with me and yet my mind was trying to make up lies. Was it real? Did he mean it? Did he mean any of it?

Stop it.

I want it to stop.

Stop thinking.

I looked over at where the potion room was located. The door was still cracked open letting in the warm light from within. I was intrigued as to what a potions room was and what they kept in there.

Following my gaze, Reid asked, "Would you like to see it?"

"Can I?" He smiled and we got up from the sofa.

He took my hand and he led me to the room. Opening the door completely, he revealed a massive room. There were shelves along the walls of the entire room, each row filled with jars of solids and liquids. In the middle of the room, there was a large table with different utensils laid out and tools. There were cabinets next to the door we entered from that contained books and other objects that were warped from my view by the textured glass.

"Wow," was all I could say. I craned my neck up to see the tops of the shelves which looked to have the oldest jars as they were covered in cobwebs.

"I'm not skilled at potion making, so I don't use this space much, but it is nice to have," Reid chimed in as I walked around.

"So is that why your healing potion doesn't take good?" I joked.

"No that one always tastes like ass," he chuckled, and I smiled, genuinely. "I haven't seen you smile like that in a long time," he sighed.

That I could agree with. He didn't push it any further and let me look around. The room was warm and had a cozy feel to it. "Do you guys use potions often?" I curiously asked.

"Not really. Back when our families came over, they used to use potions mostly for medicinal purposes. Sometimes they would use it for other reasons, poisoning, enhancing powers, and who knows what else. With modern medicine, the practice has decreased throughout the years. In this case, we use it when it's really needed," he explained, leaning against the door frame, with his hands shoved in the pockets of his baggy jeans. I could tell his fingers were fidgeting in them.

"Haven't found a reason to poison or enhance powers?" I asked, jokingly.

"With magic, there is always a price. What you put out there comes back to you threefold. It's a basic Wiccan lesson and it applies. We already pay the price to have these powers. We don't exactly want to start a tab on that," he explained.

Was my price having ghosts inside my head?

"How do you know all of this?" It was crazy to me that he could know so much about his family's history that goes so far back.

"We were home schooled until we got into Spencer's. In the morning we learned math and after lunch, it was about our magic and history."

There was a ping of jealousy in my chest. He grew up so different from me. He knew who he was and I knew nothing. They all had guidance with their powers and I... I had to figure it out by myself.