Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

I felt like I was being poked and prodded. I opened one eye to see the gang, as I like to call them now, sitting on my bed watching me sleep. They all had guilty looks on their faces, since I caught them weirdly watching me. I turned, looking at the digital clock that rested on the side table, reading 2:13. It definitely wasn't early in the morning seeing as everyone had their uniforms on. I groaned, closing my eyes knowing that I had missed all my classes. I felt Pogue rub the top of my head softly. How did I know it was him? It was because he was sitting to the right of me and I could feel the size of his firm hand.

"You slept through all your classes, you know?" I heard Reid's say from the foot of my bed.

"Naw, really? I hadn't noticed," I sarcastically replied. I sat up and threw my hair up into a messy bun, so it was out of my face. Everyone suddenly let out a weird gasp. "What?"

"Your neck!" Pogue gasped, grabbing my head and tilting it so that he could get a better look. "Why do you have bruises on your neck?!"

"Dude, they could be hickey's," Reid said. I swatted away Pogue's hands, shooed Kate and Sarah from the other side of my bed. I hopped out of bed and went to the mirror to take a look at what all the commotion was all about. There were five dots and a line going crossed my neck. It was a handprint. The darkling from last night.

"Shit," I whispered. I rolled my eyes and turned to everyone. "It's not hickey's guys. A darkling attacked my last night in the showers."

"What? Are you okay?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah, I'm alive," I sighed kind of wishing I wasn't. "I'm so screwed," I said thinking about how I skipped so many of my classes.

"You're fine. I told your professors that you were sick and gave them a doctor's note," Reid said crossing his arms across his chest. His black fingerless gloves contrasted against the white and blue uniform he was wearing.

"Where did you get a doctors note from?" I asked, surprised at the fact he would do something like that for me.

"Well you see, Blair, we have these things called powers and sometimes we use them to create things," Caleb jumped into the conversation. A smirk appeared on his face as he looked at Reid who was smirking back. They seemed to be getting along better than they were a couple of weeks ago when they were fighting at Nicky's.

"Well that was very nice of you," I said turning to Reid. I looked back in the mirror, stared at my purpled color bruises. I stared at them, thinking about them disappearing right before my eyes. In a blink of an eye, the eyes being mine, the bruises were gone.

"Whoa! How'd you do that?" Sarah said coming to my side and looking at my neck. I shrugged my shoulders as she examined my neck. Everyone else ran up looked at my neck as if it was something in the museum. I wasn't exactly sure how I did it. I didn't even think that hard about it nor did I feel the powers surge to my neck.

"No, seriously, how did you do that?" Reid asked super intrigued. "I could use that,"

"Why? Because of all the times you get punched in the face?" I joked with a small laugh. He looked at me with squinting eyes.

"Wait, we got to get back on track. Darkling," Caleb commanded getting us all back in focus. I explained what happened last night in showers. Reid kept asking if the darkling seeing me naked bothered me. He was everywhere today. Tyler shot him a look and Reid got quiet.

"Why are the darklings attacking me?" I asked very confused.

"Does anyone else know about your powers?" Kate asked taking a seat on her bed. I shook my head before heading into the bathroom. It just hit me that I was still in my pajamas and my breath most likely sunk.

"It's only you guys and Pogue's parents that know about my powers," I said while I held the watered down toothpaste in my mouth so it wouldn't spill out.

"It's none of us that are sending the darklings, is it?" Pogue asked. I popped my head out of the bathroom as the four boys looked at each other. They all were now doubting one another but the worst was the way Caleb was looking at Reid. Caleb really thought that maybe Reid has something to do with it.

"Really dude?!" Reid shouted. Caleb and Reid playing nice was out the window now.

"I didn't say anything," Caleb raised his voice.

"You didn't have to," Reid said stomping to the door and storming out of the room.

I finished brushing my teeth and washing my face before heading out after Reid. By the time I got out to the hallway, he was gone. I ran back to grab a hoodie as it was quite chilly. I looked everywhere, trying to find Reid. He wasn't in his room, nor was he anywhere in the building. I didn't know where else to look. My gut tugged at me. It pulled me to the gym, to the pool. I heard splashing as I went through the girl's locker room to get to the main pool.

There he was. Submerging himself into the chlorine water, swimming away, like he was pacing in the water. I went to the edge, getting a closer look at his perfect boy being one with the water.

Did I just really think that? Weirdo.

I rolled up my pajama pants and dunked them into the surprisingly warm water as Reid made his way back my way. His head popped up before ramming into my heads. He made a weird face while taking off his professional swimming goggles.

"So this is your hideaway," I said, seeing blue in his eyes sparkling up at me. I couldn't help but smile at him.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Notes:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think. See you at the next chapter!

- Impact