Chapter 36

Chapter 36:

Reid was a sneaky piece of good hearted, good looking, shit.

And me being me, wanting to make up for accidentally forgetting to tell him about my haunting experience the other night, agreed to make it up to him.

And Reid being Reid, didn't exactly tell me what to expect, other than the fact that I was going to meet a lot of people that he and the gang were close with, that I should also get to know better. Which of course, gave me the absolute most anxiety on top of everything else that I had been dealing with.

"Reid?" I said, looking out the window of the car, noticing how the path looked familiar. "Where are you taking me?"

"To a house. Everyone is already there," he answered, keeping his eyes glued to the road, avoiding my gaze.

"Would this house happen to be a certain house where I got into a fight with a couple and things didn't go so well last time I was there?" I asked, afraid that we were going to the place that I didn't want to go to. He was silent, only letting out a tense sigh. "Reid, I don't think it's a good idea for me to go there. Last time didn't go anywhere near well for any of us," I tried to explain.

"Don't you worry about that. Just remember that the four of us are going to be there and you'll be fine," he finally spoke. Glancing at me, he slid his hand into mine, giving it a squeeze while focusing on the road again.

"They don't want to see me," I reiterated.

"That's not true. Also, there are other people who want to see you that are going to be there," he answered. I went to say something but he wouldn't let me. "Just wait until we get there. It'll all make more sense then." And with that, I sat in my seat, pouting a little bit and holding onto Reid's hand in silence.

As we approached the house, Reid parked behind a row of cars that didn't look familiar. I could see Caleb's car and Pogue's bike up at the front but it was surrounded by many others.

"Reid, who are these others that you say want to meet me?" I asked, getting nervous.

"You'll see," he smirked, opening his car door. I tried to stay in the car, hoping I could avoid going inside and avoid all the awkwardness, but Reid wasn't having it. Coming over to my side, he opened the car door and grabbed on to my arm gently pulling me out. I let out a groan quickly before I composed myself to see the people who hated me.

"Reid," I whispered as we stood in front of the large wooden door. I could feel my entire body shaking. I shouldn't be so nervous. This was nothing. Right?

"You're going to be fine," he whispered back giving my hand a squeeze. "I'll be with you the entire time." Somehow, he was able to stop my shaking. "And if things get too crazy, I'll make up an excuse to get us out," he whispered. His eyes momentarily went completely black as a large burst of air hit my face.

"Thank you," I sarcastically spoke as I fixed the hair in my face. Reid smirked as I rolled my eyes.

"Ready?" he asked, knocking on the door.

"No," I truthfully told.

"Good," he chuckled.

The door swung open. Beatrice Perry, Mrs. Perry was all dressed up. She smiled at both of us, gesturing for us to come in. "There you guys are. Everyone else has made it," she said. I walked through the door, following behind awkwardly. "It's good to see you again Blair. I'm glad you came."