Chapter 33

Chapter 33:

After a nice long shower, I was ready for bed. The boys had left, after cheering me up and stopping me from drowning in my tears. I felt refreshed and clean from all the negativity and all I wanted to do was get some actual sleep. Hopefully.

Opening the door to my room, a tall blonde stood looking out my window, wearing pajamas and holding onto something.

"Reid? You know it's not appropriate for you to break into girls room," I said, closing the door behind me. He went to turn around but I quickly realized that I was still in my bathrobe. "Wait, don't turn around. I'm not decent." He listened and I ran past him into the bathroom to change into my pajamas.

"Are you feeling better?" Reid asked as I walked out of the bathroom. He had already lit the protection candle he gave me for when I went to sleep.

"A lot better," I said, hopping into my bed. Reid has something in his hand. It was a white, almost clear crystal and it was kind of glowing. "What's that?"

"This is a quartz crystal. They are good for protection and when enchanted and placed in a circle, they can either keep things out or keep things in," he explained.

"You tellin' me that you're looking to trap me in my room?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him.

"You wish," he retorted, giving me his signature smirk.

"No, I think that's you," I indicted. He didn't challenge me and went back to working with the crystal. "What are you hoping that thing will do?" I asked. He quickly glanced at me, but didn't answer pretending like he didn't hear my question. Now, I was really curious. What was it that he was doing? "Reid?"

He let out a sigh and looked up at me, making "what" face. I gestured for him to come to me, patting the space in front of me on my bed. He made his way, swinging his legs over and crossing them so he could face. "Yes?"

"You're not telling me something," I said, looking him in his hypnotic eyes.

"I'm worried that the candle will stop working and then you'll stop sleeping again," he whispered so softly that I almost didn't hear what he was saying.

"Why would it stop?" I asked confused. Still new to the witch thing, I didn't understand a lot of the practice and wasn't exactly sure what he meant.

"Because when you use protection magic to ward off something, that something might be able to overcome it because it is used to the energy it gives off. So eventually the magic isn't powerful enough to keep that something away anymore," he admitted. He didn't want to say her name. He thought it might upset me. He was being really considerate. "I thought that if I combined the candle and the crystals than it'll be just as strong and let you still get some sleep and keep evil away."

I basically crawled into his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck and gave him the biggest hug I could muster up. He didn't hesitate. His strong arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer. I could feel his warm breath on my neck, as he squeezed back, one arm around my waist, the other a little higher so his hand rested on the back of my head.

"Thank you, Reid," I said. I didn't want to let go of him. He was so comfortable and warm. I genuinely felt safe with him. I wanted to stay like this as long as I could. I didn't want him to let go, and I think he didn't want me to either.

"Can I ask you something?" Reid asked, breaking the silence between us. He didn't pull away but instead, held me a little tighter. I nodded my head which rested on his shoulder. "After everything that happened today, why did you go to Chase?" he questioned, trying hard to seem like he was just wondering rather than being jealous.