Chapter 63

Trigger Warning: Going forward chapters will have references/discuss depression, death, dying, suicide, self harm, self hate, violence, bullying and other topics within those realms. Mental health is important and I want you guys to stay safe while reading. Please take care of yourself <3

Chapter 63:

No. I wasn't going to think about it. Not about Chase, not about Reid or the way he looked at me or the way he spoke or... No. Not going to think about Reid. Definitely not. It would just be another way to torture myself.

Shaking away the thoughts of them, I quickly changed into my work clothes and made my way to Nicky's. There wasn't a lot of people at the bar when I got there and thankfully, I was put on the tastes of restocking the garnishes and taking food orders to the kitchen if we had any. It was pretty chill and weirdly enough, relaxing.

"Hey Blair, I have to take care of a couple things in the office. Will you watch the bar please?" Nicky asked, rinsing his hands.

"Of course," I said to him.

"Thanks. I shouldn't be too long," he promised then quickly went up the back steps to get to his office.

I packed up all the food I had already prepped and placed them in the fridge. I went around to the front, keeping my eyes on the few people that were hanging around and playing pooling. I started to clear off abandoned drinks that were left at the bar and cleaned the top off.

"I'm going to run these to the kitchen," I said to my coworker, Lisa, who was bringing in a new case of beer to refill our stock. She looked at the overflowing bin of dirty cups and nodded.

"Mind taking this order back there too, please?" she asked, handing the order slip to me.

"No problem." I stuffed the slip into my pocket and hoisted the bin up and made my way to the kitchen. My muscles ached as I finally made it to the washing station and placed it with the other dirty dishes.

I shouldn't be feeling this fatigued by just doing that.

Yeah, well everything hurts at this point.

I dropped the food order off to the cook and made my way back to the bar. "You have three people sitting at the bar," Lisa said as I slipped back behind the bar.

"Thanks," I said, and she left. I approached where I saw the figures of three men sitting, grabbing my pen and pad from under the counter. "Hi, welcome in. What can I get for you gentlemen?" I asked. I lifted my head up to see Mr. Garwin, Mr. Simms, and of course, Mr. Perry sitting at the bar.

The smile on my face dropped and they looked stunned to see me as much as I was stunned to see them. The three of them were dressed in a fancy button down shirt with a crisp tie. They looked like they were here in the middle of their workday, taking their lunch. This also surprised me because they don't seem like the type of people who would walk into a bar like this.

"Hi, Blair," Mr. Garwin was the first to speak. "We didn't know you worked here," he added, looking between Mr. Perry and me. There was definitely an awkward tension between us.

"Not a problem," I said, putting on my customer service voice. "What can I get for you?" I brought my pen and paper up, not wanting to linger on this very uncomfortable moment any longer.

"Three whiskeys neat," Mr. Simms jumped in quickly.

"Got it," I said jotting it down on my paper. "Would you like to start a tab?"

"Please," Mr. Garwin softly spoke, pulling out his wallet and handing me his card. I nodded and went to the register and added in their drink orders. I walked to our selection of whiskies and made the drinks like I was taught to do. I grabbed three napkins and walked back over to the fathers, placing each of their drinks in front of them with a napkin.