Chapter 27

Chapter 27:

After many questions of what Pogue and my biological family are like, which I didn't mind answering, I was invited to come to swim practice and watch Chase. It took a lot of persuading from Chase but in the end, I didn't have the energy to continue going back and forth with him. We had quickly stopped by my dorm, grabbing a quick change of clothes so that I could get out of the uncomfortable uniform.

It was warm as I took a seat on the metal bleachers. It hadn't really hit me that I would see my brother and his magical friends. I really wasn't thinking. This wasn't a smart idea. I hadn't been back since I fell into the pool and Reid had to save me.

"Hey Blair?" My attention was drawn up.

Speaking of the devil.

"Oh, hi Aaron?" I said, confused as to why he was talking to me. He looked calm and showing me that he didn't mean any harm.

"I know you must hate me," he started, taking a seat in front of me, looking down with a look of guilt. "I just wanted you to know that I didn't mean to hurt you that day. I don't know why I even wanted to talk to you, but I grabbed you and you slipped and fell and were unconscious,"

I started to think back to that day. It was when I first met Lillian in my dreams. I had mostly forgotten about falling into the pool. In comparison, it didn't seem that important.

"Aaron, don't worry about it. I know you didn't mean to hurt me," I said, genuinely knowing that he didn't mean to do that. He was surprised that I didn't start yelling at him.

"I've wanted to tell you for a while but I was too nervous too. The four idiots you hang out with probably wouldn't let me anywhere near you," I said, referencing to my idiot brother and his best friends, who were my best friends as well.

"They are idiots," I admitted to him, which made him chuckle a little.

"So are we cool then?" he asked after a moment of him going awkwardly silent. I nodded my head and gave him a small smile. He returned with a small smile as well and gestured that he was returning back to practice.

As I watched him leave, I noticed that the boys that I had been avoiding, had come out of the locker rooms, all in their swimwear. I noticed Reid, his muscles toned and tense. His entire body was lean and smooth....

Dangerous territory!

I dropped my head down, making sure that we would not make eye contact. I didn't need a reason for him to come over this way. That would defeat the whole purpose of me avoiding them. I spent most of my time just staring at the floor, listening to what to the coach was saying to the swim teams. It sounded like they were going to race each other again within their same stroke division.

I couldn't help but watch. Tyler went first, then Pogue and then Reid. I wasn't surprised that they won their division but I was surprised at how talented they were to be able to win each time. I could never do what they do in the water. I was proud of all of them. Lastly, it was Caleb who was going up and it was against Chase again.

The whistle echoed loudly once again in the pool building as the swimmers launched themselves into the water. I watched as Caleb and Chase were neck in neck with each other. It all felt familiar, them racing each other, being just as good as one another.

There was something different this time. I could tell that Chase was really trying. His movements became sharper and most aggressive. He slammed himself into the water, taking less time to get some air. I could see that it was making Caleb nervous, as he tried his best to get farther away from him.

Something bad was going to happen. I could feel it. My gut turned itself inside out, trying to tell me that something was going to happen. My insides tingled, the part of me that knows magic is present. It was somehow involved and it was warning me. Something was about to happen, I just didn't know what.

The coach blew the whistle again, indicating that the race was over. Chase had won. All the swimmers came out of the water, but Caleb. My heart started to race. I ran over as I watched Chase, Reid, Pogue and Tyler jump into the water. Caleb was at the very bottom and it took all four of them to get his conscious body out of the water.

I, along with Aaron, helped get him onto the floor. Almost immediately Caleb started to cough up the water that he had ingested, groaning in pain. His head rested on my thighs as I let out a sigh of relief.

He's alive. He's alive.

I looked up and saw the boys looking at me, making me realize that I wasn't supposed to be this close to them. The coach had brought over an emergency kit and asked us to give him some space, which I did, leaving them all behind. I quickly grabbed all my things and left as fast as I could from that place.

Bad things always happen when I am around.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I was exhausted. My emotions had drained me. I aimlessly walked through the halls, not knowing what to do with myself, as the school was about to go on lockdown for the night.

Before I could take another step, I was yanked into a dark small space. I knew my senses were slowing down and I couldn't find a part that cared.

"You're really stupid, you know?" I heard. Squinting my eyes, I was face to face with Reid. Though it was dark, I could make out the frown lines all across his face and the tension he was carrying in his jaw. Before I could say anything, he went off. "Do you not care about your health or well being? What is wrong with you? And furthermore, you can't keep avoiding all of us...," He went on and I was losing track of everything he was saying. He didn't understand. He didn't get what I was going through and he wasn't helping right now.

"Bad things happen when I'm around you guys!" I shouted cutting him off.

"Doesn't mean you avoid us!" he yelled back. "I know you're scared-"

"I'm not scared! I'm terrified!" I let out. I was no longer in control of myself. There was nothing else I could do at the point, but cry, so I did. I just cried and cried, as Reid took me into his arms and held me. My body shook against his making him hold me tighter.

"Stop avoiding me. I can't handle that," he whispered, placing a kiss on top of my shaking head. "I hate seeing you like this. You're tired and miserable. Let me help."

"I can't let her take control of me like how she does. Every time she does, you end up hurt," I sobbed into his chest. I don't remember what happened next. I emotionally blacked out but when I came back around, Reid was still holding on to me, never letting his grip up. I don't know how long we stayed like that, but he never let go. He never let me go.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Notes:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think. See you at the next chapter!

- Impact