Save My Number?

A/N: from now on, if there is a // then it means the other person on the phone.

|Jisoo|

2 days later...

I get woken up at the crack of dawn on my off day.

I pick up my phone. "Hello?" I say tiredly.

//"Were you asleep?" I hear the prettiest voice say. It sounds familiar but I can't recognize it. It sounds annoyed too.

"Well darling. I only give that knowledge to my wife."

//"I'M NOT YOUR WIFE YET!" The woman shouts and I sit up straight in bed.

I cover one hand over half my face and say awkwardly, "J-Jennie! Hey!"

//"I need to meet with you."

I pull my hand away. I grin and say, "Are you going to give me an answer?"

//"I want to speak to you about it in person."

"Great! Where should we meet?"

//"Lia's coffee shop. I'll send you the address."

I bend my head and fiddle with my blanket. "By the way....How did you get my number?"

//"Our moms talked and your mom thought it best to give me your number."

I flip over the blanket. "Are you going to save this?" I stand on the side and rub the back of my neck, waiting for her reply.

//"I'll see you at the coffee shop at 10 Jisoo."

Then she hangs up and I throw my phone on the bed and cover my hands over my mouth.

Is she going to say yes?

••••••••••

I step into the coffee shop and a bell rings above me.

I smile at the cash register person and search the people sitting down for Jennie.

I see a hand raise and smile as I walk over.

"Hellooooo Jennie!" I say cheerfully.

She stares up at me and just points at the seat across from her.

I nod and sit down. I fold my hands on the table. "What did you want to discuss?"

She takes a sip of whatever concoction she's drinking.

She starts to say something but I ask, "What are you drinking?"

"A Mocha coffee with 3 expresso shots," she says simply.

I nod and store it for later.

Then she says, "So Jisoo....i have come to my decision."

I grin, completely ready for it.

"I'm not marrying you."

I slump into my chair while everything in me deflates. "What? Why? I laid out everything for you!"

Jennie sighs. "Jisoo. I appreciate your....enthusiasm....is wanting to marry me. Really. I'm really flattered but....i don't want to get married. I don't feel ready and it's such a big commitment. I don't know you. I—"

"Jennie," I say very seriously and stop her from talking. "How about we do this: we get married for a year."

She blinks at me. "Just a year?"

I nod. "Yes. Then both of our parents will see that we aren't meant for marriage and get off our backs. We won't have to sleep together or do anything. It-it will be like having a new roommate for just a year."