A Distraction

|Jennie|

Jisoo covers me with her body as the sound of the explosion rings in my ears. Her arms wrap around me and I tuck my head under her chin.

I feel disoriented and I can only hear ringing in my ears. I turn to my side and see Lisa lifting up an unconscious Rosie in her arms. I feel like I'm in a daze.

I look back at Jisoo and see her shouting but everything is muffled. I hold her face and she shakes her head. I look at her in confusion as she kisses the inside of my palm and lifts me in her arms. I wrap my legs around her waist and I black out.

••••••••••
|Jisoo|

"FUCK!" I shout as I stare at Rosie and Jennie unconscious in the back seats of my car.

And I see Lisa completely horrified and scared. I pull her into a tight hug her. "They're okay Lisa. Just in shock. We'll take them to—"

I break off when I see a man run from the fire and into a car.

"Lisa. Get in the car. Now!" I say and she goes to the passenger seat as I buckle myself in the driver's and we follow the man's car.

I press hard on the gas pedal as I drive through the semi-busy streets of Seoul.

He seems to have noticed I'm following him because he keeps changing lanes and taking random, sharp turns.

I don't stop my pursuit and Lisa reaches into my car cabinet and opens the window to attach a siren to the top of my car.

"There! Now drive faster!" She shouts and closes the window.

Our car zooms and weaves through every car we pass.

"Jisoo?" I hear Jennie say groggily.

My heart freezes and I slowly lift my foot off the gas pedal.

"Shit Jisoo!" Lisa shouts. "Drive!"

I shake my head quickly and press harder.

He gained about a hundred feet so I have to go faster.

"Jisoo what the hell is—"

"Jennie! Be quiet and put your seatbelt and Rosie's on!" Lisa shouts.

I swerve the car harshly to the left and I hear Rosie shout, "What the fuck?!"

Lisa silences her too and I focus on my driving.

We manage to leave the city and get into the backroads that lead to more rural places.

And he comes to a dead end.

He stops his car and I grab my keys and get out, locking Rosie and Jennie in the car.

Lisa pulls her gun out of her boot where it was covered by her jeans. And I pull mine that was strapped to my calf.

We go to the driver's side and open the door.

And Hae-In, our number one suspect, falls out.

I blink and feel his pulse.

He's dead.

He has foam on the corner of his mouth.

I look grimly at Lisa.

She shakes her head. "Cyanide."

I tighten my jaw and stand up. I pull out my phone and she shakes her head. "Rosie and Jennie are terrified. You go. I'll stay here and report him."

I nod and give her hug before going to the car. I get in and Jennie asks, "Jisoo?"