My Shattered Life Without You

|Jisoo|

I open my eyes and harsh white light engulfs my eyes in pain.

I scream and the light moves away. I hear Rosie's voice. "Jisoo? Oh my god! Jisoo you're awake! DR.LIM! SHE'S AWAKE!"

Then I hear my parents voices and their concerns. "JISOO! YOU'RE AWAKE!"

I open my eyes again and everything looks blurry. Really blurry. I can barely make out anything. Just blobs.

"Rosie? Mom? Dad? Lisa?" I ask as I sit up and hold my hands out. Lisa and Rosie immediately clasp my hands tightly. A set of hands hold one of my legs and the other has one hand on my leg.

"What....why can't I see anything?" I ask worriedly.

I hear a deeper voice. "Mrs.Kim."

I nod.

"We have run tests on your eyes. But just to be sure: can you tell me what you see?"

I shake my head. "It's like I need glasses really badly. Everything is blurry and I can barely make out shapes. What happened?"

I hear him sigh. "We're under the impression that you might be blind."

My heart stops. "What?"

"Yes. We believe that the burst of light from the fire of the bomb might have blinded you."

I nod. "It can be cured right? This is only temporary?"

"Mrs.Kim—"

"IS IT TEMPORARY OR NOT?!" I shout but I already know the answer.

"I'm afraid it's permanent."

My mind starts racing a mile a minute to the events that happened. I hear Lisa say quietly, "Jisoo, it's going to be—"

"Where's Jennie?" I ask.

I hear a sob. Rosie.

"She's...She's....." I hold my patience. "She's in a coma Jisoo," she finally sobs out.

Pain burst through me and everything hurts, especially my heart. "What are you saying?"

I hear the doctor say, "The trauma her body and brain went through has put her in a coma. As of right now, we don't know when she'll be awake."

I hear my mom say this time, "There's one other thing Jisoo."

I squeeze Rosie's hand and turn my head in her direction but I know I'm not looking at her. "What?"

There's silence and I hear my mom say very softly, "With the impact...that she fell on her stomach.....she lost the baby."

I limply drop my hands to my lap. "She....was pregnant?" I stare down at what I assume are the white hospital blankets. I feel like everything just ended. I want to cry but I just.....feel dead inside.

"She didn't get to tell you in time?" Rosie asks but it's muffled as the blood rushes to my ears.

"I need to see her," I say out loud.

"We can't let you. Not in your condition right now," the doctor says seriously.

"How long has it been since the bombing?" I ask.

"2 days," I hear Lisa reply.

I lay back down. "I...I think I want some time alone."

I feel a hand rub my back gently. "We'll be outside if you need us," Rosie says.

"I'm so sorry Mrs.Kim that we couldn't do more. After everything you've done for my family.....this was the best I could do. I sincerely apologize," the doctor says.