Without You

|Jisoo|

I don't want to believe it might've been Lisa.

I don't want to live in a world where the person I trusted the most ends up betraying me.

I swallow. "So what are we going to do? Investigate Lisa?"

I can't see Rosie's face but I can hear her shaky voice. "I don't want to do this anymore Jisoo."

I shake my head. "We need to or more people will die. And this is only as a final attempt. If it isn't Lisa then we can come back and think differently."

"Jisoo—"

"Rosie!" I shout firmly as my heart breaks and my mind races. "We're doing this."

*Memory*

I take a deep breath. "The guard that I talked to, Jae-Hoon, is dead."

I have a conversation with Soojoo and then Lisa walks right in. Even though it was late.

*End of Memory*

What was she doing alone? Could she have possibly killed Jae-Hoon to stop suspicion?

"I think the first big mistake she made was that Soojoo and I met different guards. So she had to kill one of them. Jae-Hoon must've figured out the truth. Or something else happened."

"I don't know. What are we going to do?" Rosie asks.

I stand up. "Let's go check security footage from in front of Jae-Hoon's house. There has to be something that picked up on someone entering. Is there a police report attached to it?"

"Yes. It says that it was a su***de with the n***e around his neck," Rosie replied quietly.

I nod. "Let's go."

And an hour later, we arrive at Jae-Hoon's place. Rosie looks through nearby shops and then opens the door for me.

"I think I found a shop with the camera angle."

I nod and use my cane to help me get out and walk with it, following the sound of Rosie's voice and footsteps.

We walk in and I don't have my badge anymore to show that I have authority but Rosie said that she came up with an excuse that she had a stalker and is looking for evidence.

She helps me find the chair and I sit down as I hear the sounds of the video.

I say out loud, "Sir could you give us a few moments?"

"Of course," he says and I hear his retreating footsteps grow quieter and quieter.

"Play the video with sound," I ask.

I listen carefully for Lisa's voice and my heart stops when I do.

"What are you talking about?" She says clear as day. "Hae-In? He died. I don't know what that fucker was thinking."

There's a bit of silence and it sounds like she's on the phone so maybe another person is on the line.

Her tone of voice was concerned. But not that of a sister. Something is still off. "Does the clip go farther back?"

"Yes! Sorry! I just clicked on the play button the first time Lisa popped up." I wait and she says, "Ok! Here!"

It starts playing and I hear her voice a bit distant, "Everything is going well.....I wouldn't worry about the next part.....Olympic Park?.....no....no...no. That's too obvious don't you think?...."