My Partner

|Jisoo|

"Rosie. I want you to help me," I say once Lisa had gone to work.

"Dear God Jisoo!" I hear her exclaim. "Did you get any sleep?! You have dark circles under your eyes!"

I shake my head. "Focus on the task at hand Rosie."

I don't hear a confirmation. "Rosie?"

"Oh sorry! I forgot! I was nodding!"

I sigh heavily. "I was doing some thinking last night and I want to investigate this case by myself."

"But you can't—" she breaks off.

"Rosie. I know I'm blind. That's why I'm asking you to be my eyes!"

I hear her ask in a low voice, "You really trust me that much? What about Lisa?"

"I know Lisa. She thinks this is her fault. That's why she hasn't spoken to me properly till now."

"Jisoo I talked to her about that but she told me she couldn't face you since she was the one to request the General guy to assign you to the case."

I nod. "I know. So you do this with me okay?"

I don't hear anything again. "Rosie! I can't see you nodding!"

"Sorry!"

••••••••••

We end up sitting on the couch together and I tell her my computer password.

I hear the smile in her voice as she says, "Of course it would be Jennie related."

I swallow and ask, "Jennie mentioned....before the accident....that you....had feelings for me?"

I hear her scoff and mutter quietly, "If that bitch wasn't already in hell then I would send her to it." I hear her sigh. "Yes I had a crush on you before I got involved with Lisa. Why are you bringing it up?"

"I just....I always wanted to ask you—"

"—if it affected my relationship with Jennie? Not at all! You were obviously in love with her and I knew she would fall for you. It was inevitable between you two. I just had a small crush which was incomparable to what you two feel about each other. Plus...." She pauses before saying in a quiet voice "I'm in love with Lisa."

I can't help my grin and I hear her gasp. "Oh my gosh! The first time you smile and it's from me! YESSSS!"

I roll my eyes. "Just open the file titled BMGS."

"Got it!" She says. "What next?"

"Open the suspect list and read out everything."

"Irene Bae. Nayeon Im. Seulgi Kang. Jihyo Park. Joy Park. Mina Myoui. Soojoo Park. Jung Hae-In."

I nod. "I need a recap. That's why I'm having you read out everything. Tell me about the previous three bombers."

"The man with the scar on his face, John, didn't marry and his estranged sister and mother are just struggling to make ends meet. He died a few years ago."

"The blond dude, Suho, he worked in a factory with large equipment. He was initially arrested for endangerment of employees because he cut one of the equipment wires and nearly killed 20 people. He has a wife and a boy. We monitored her and she seems to be a normal person. She seems very timid and afraid of the world. The boy has to be 17 years old. And he has a sister but there's no record of her anywhere. But he mentions her in his sleep. Several guards keep saying that."

"The woman, her name is Mary, she has a daughter that died. We have a record of her burial site and her mother used to visit it everyday. Her son is enlisted in the military and cross checked weapons right now but he's a chef."