A Crack Splinters

|Jennie|

I wake up and blink at the harsh white light before it gets removed quickly.

I rub my eyes and sit up, exhaustion overwhelms my body and I fall back.

I feel so weak.

I turn my head and I croak, "Hello?"

Wow. My throat is really dry.

"OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! THEY SAID YOU WOULDN'T WAKE UP FOR MONTHS! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" I see the nurse panicking and pacing.

I sigh and barely manage to say, "Get doctor and water."

She looks at me and nods quickly before running out of the room.

I rub my face and my hand still feels soft even if my face feels dry.

What happened? I fell back from the bomb and then I don't remember anything.

I run my stomach as I smile and remember that there might still be hope after this with the baby.

How long have I been asleep?

"Mrs.Kim?" The doctor asks.

I smile at him as the name makes me feel warm. "Yes."

He nods. "Good. No amnesia."

I frown. "What happened to me?"

"How do you feel?"

"Tired. Really tired. And thirsty."

The nurse shoves the water practically in my face and I smile at her and drink it, feeling the coolness go down my throat.

"Tell me what happened."

"Mrs.Kim, you have been in a coma for a little more than a month."

"What?" I say quietly as shock goes through me. "A month?"

He nods grimly and says, "There's one other thing...." He swallows. "I'm afraid to say that you suffered a miscarriage Mrs.Kim."

I move my hand from my stomach. I look away from him. "I.....lost the baby?"

"The harsh impact of you falling on your stomach made you lose the baby and cause you traumatic stress to your head and go into a coma."

I raise my hand to my forehead and touch it.

Then it crashes through me. I sit up so fast.

"Where's Jisoo?! Is she okay?! If I'm like this then—"

"Your wife had some complications but she is alive and healthy. I just notified her of your condition. She will be here shortly."

Reliefs floods me. "As long as everything is okay with her then I'll be fine."

And only 15 minutes later, I see Lisa looking pale but put together as she opens the door.

Jisoo walks in slowly, with a walking cane and tapping it against the ground in front of her.

No.....

Her cane hits the side of the hospital bed and she blinks but doesn't focus on me.

"Jisoo?" I ask in a small voice.

I see her immediately tear and cover her mouth as a sob comes out. She grips the edge of the hospital bed and says, "I....You're awake! I can hear your voice!"

I place my hand on top of hers. "Jisoo....." I feel pain go through me. "Your eyes....."

She shakes her head and sniffles. She laughs and wipes away her tears. "Yes Jennie. I'm blind."