The Tragic Reveal

I hold the cane tightly and Rosie asks me, "Are you sure that you want to do this?"

I nod. "I need to find out why Rosie."

Rosie and I called Lisa anonymously to a small warehouse saying that we had a tip for the bombing case.

Since it's a warehouse, she's obviously going to come harmed and I didn't want to startle Rosie by bringing by gun judging by her reaction in the car chase so I kept it strapped to my calf underneath jeans. I also called Seulgi, Irene and Soojoo as backup this morning in case Lisa tries to run away. They should already be in place by the time we get there.

Rosie parks the car on the side and Rosie and I quietly walk into the warehouse. Rosie hides and I'm relying on my instincts and hearing for this.

"Jisoo?" I hear her say. "What the hell are you doing here?"

I hear her run forward and her hand grasps my shoulder. I look somewhere left because the all black Special Forces uniform blocks my vision for the most part.

"Jisoo," she repeats and shakes me lightly. "What happened? I got informed of a tip and—"

She stops talking. Her hand drops from my shoulder and I can hear her take 2 quiet steps back. "Why are you here Jisoo?"

I hear something metal and heavy pull out.

I sigh and ask, "Lisa....why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"The bombings!" I shout at her. "Don't pretend or lie to me anymore! I know!"

I rush forward and throw my cane to the side. I hear her groan in pain as she lands hard on her back. I blink hard and grab her right hand that usually holds her gun and slap it away.

I hear it thrown away along the floor as I pin her wrists to the ground and I ask, "Why, Lisa?! Why would you do the bombings?!"

She struggles against my grip. "Jisoo! I don't know anything!"

"Stop pretending! I KNOW! I HEARD YOU ON THE PHONE OUTSIDE JAE-HOON'S HOUSE THE DAY HE DIED! YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT OLYMPIC PARK!"

"NO! WHAT THE FUCK?! WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS FROM?! I WENT TO JAE-HOON'S HOUSE LAST WEEK AFTER THE BOMBING! I WAS LOOKING FOR CLUES AGAIN AND DISCUSSING OLYMPIC PARK!"

"NO I HEARD YOU—"

"YOU DIDN'T SEE THE DATE! OR ME! WHO DID YOU TRUST?!"

I hear my phone ring and I say to Lisa, "Stay."

I pull it out and swipe right. "Hello?"

//"Hi! Ma'am! We recovered the footage!"

My heart starts racing. "Who is it?"

//"She told me her name was Soojoo Park with her ID badge in the video. But the women aren't matching."

"What does she look like?" I ask.

//"The woman has blonde hair and is really tall. Her face is a bit round and her eyes are pure Korean's. I went to your agency and asked for Soojoo Park. But that woman looks completely different with dark hair. The woman in the video doesn't look like her."

I feel something cool press against the back of my head and I hear Lisa gasp and say softly, "My ID badge was lost."

I hang up the phone.

"Rosie."

•••••••••••

I swallow and raise my hands.