I'm Here For You

|Jisoo|

"So did we get any leads? Are any of the family members doing anything wrong?" I ask Lisa as we walk into my office.

"Actually, Soojoo is the lead investigator. I would talk to her."

I nod. "Where is she?"

Lisa turns me around and I see her looking up at me from her desk. She stands up straight and matches my height perfectly.

Soojoo holds her hand out and smiles. "Nice to meet you. I'm Soojoo Park."

I nod and shake her hand once and pull it away. "Walk with me. Lisa go get the details about the bomb from the bomb squad. I need to speak out them with you."

She nods and goes off while I turn my attention to Soojoo as we walk to my office.

"Did you find anyone suspicious?"

She shakes her head. "The man with the scar on his face, John, didn't marry and his estranged sister and mother are just struggling to make ends meet. The blond dude, Suho, he worked in a factory with large equipment. He was initially arrested for endangerment of employees because he cut one of the equipment wires and nearly killed 20 people."

I nod. "So he's psychotic. What else?"

"He has a wife and a boy. We monitored her and she seems to be a normal person. She seems very timid and afraid of the world. The boy has to be 17 years old. And—"

She stops me with a touch to my elbow. "And get this. He has a sister but there's no record of her anywhere. But he mentions her in his sleep. Several guards keep saying that."

I frown. "Okay. Good to know. I can interrogate the guards—"

"I already did ma'am," she says cheerfully.

I raise an eyebrow. "Since you're new here, you should know that I conduct all interrogations myself or I hand them off to Lisa. I don't trust anybody else. If you do anything I don't tell you to do, then I will have you suspended. Your job was to monitor and investigate details about the people. Not to involve yourself. And I'm not just telling you off for no reason. I have a reason for everything. Understood?"

Soojoo nods very seriously. "Yes ma'am."

I nod and put my hands in my pockets. "What about the woman?"

She nods. "Yes. The woman, her name is Mary, she has a daughter that died. We have a record of her burial site and her mother used to visit it everyday. Her son is enlisted in the military right now but he's a chef."

"Does he have a high ranking position in the military?"

She smiles. "Cross-checking weapons."

I smile with her. "Well done Soojoo. We have a lead. Thank you for your hard work. If you would like, you can the rest of the day off."

She blinks. "Really?"

I nod. "You deserve it."

She leaves with a smile and I get a call.

"Hello?"

//"Jisoo. Did you not save my number?"

I grin. "You didn't save mine the first time. Why should I?"

//"I'll add petty to my list of things I need to know about you. Rice and pettiness. An interesting combination."

I laugh and I see a few heads turn to me. "I had it saved since that morning appointment at the coffee shop. I was just messing with you. Why did you call me?"