My Priority & True Feelings

Trigger Warning: Sexual Assault
I put a start and stop on the mention of it.

Also it's a long chapter because these were 2 separate ones but I thought fuck it and put everything together.

••••••••••
|Jennie|

"I love you."

I stare at Jisoo who looks pale suddenly.

Did I hear her correctly?

I swallow. "What....what did you say?"

Jisoo says, "I said I love this!" She holds up the mug. "I love your hot chocolate! It was to die for! Yum!"

I nod slowly. "But I could've sworn—"

"I love your hot chocolate! I didn't finish!" She says with a small laugh.

Then there's just silence. I stare at her because I can't figure out what's going through her head or how I'm supposed to take this conversation.

She stands up abruptly. "I'm going to bed. I've had a long and hard day."

I give a small smile. "Goodnight then."

She gives me a small smile back and walks from the dining table.

I hear her door close and then something hit a wall.

I shout worriedly, "Is everything okay?!"

I hear her bedroom door open. "Perfect Jennie! You get some sleep! Bye! Goodnight!"

It closes again and I frown.

••••••••••
|Jisoo|

When I get to work the next day, I'm still smacking myself for what I said.

Thankfully, I managed to cover it up well!

But still smacking myself nonetheless because what the fuck was that Jisoo?!

You just decide to confess the feelings you've been holding in until now?!

Ugh! This is absolutely ridiculous!

"Ma'am are you free now?" Someone asks.

I pull my hand from my forehead with a smile. "Nayeon sit down. Thank you."

She sits across from me and hands me the file filled with her proofs. I nod. "Okay. Good. There's camera footage of you entering your house at 2:30 from a store across the street. And not coming out until the next day for work. Good. I take this as proof. Have a good day! I hope the day off on Saturday helped."

She nods and gives a grateful smile. "It did! Thank you! Have a good day!" She bows and walks out.

Next comes Seulgi and hands me her file. I open it and I see footage from the restaurant at 6:28pm that managed to capture Seulgi doing a double take of Irene sitting at the restaurant alone. "This looks good Seulgi. I'll speak to Irene. Don't worry but I did hear that you both are close. Any reason why she would be alone like that and then fake the timing?"

She shakes her head. "As far as I know, she broke off her engagement recently. I think on Sunday."

"Any unusual behavior?" I ask.

Seulgi sighs. "I have always thought Irene has acted strange since the moment she started dating her now ex-fiancé. She was always strong and confident and now she's demure and quiet."

"That sounds suspiciously like domestic abuse," I say softly.

Seulgi immediately turns angry. "You think he was hurting her?"