Short and Sweet

|Jisoo|

I hang up the phone. I place it down and look at Soojoo.

"What happened she asks?"

I take a deep breath. "The guard that I talked to, Jae-Hoon, is dead."

She gasps and covers her mouth. "What?!"

I lean forward. "Soojoo. I need you to tell me every single thing you did that day. And who the fuck Jung Hae-In is. Do you understand?"

She nods vigorously. "Y-Yes! Of course ma'am! What should I—the camera on the car!"

I nod and pull my phone out. "Lisa?"

//"Yeah?"

"Where are you?"

//"I was bored so I'm monitoring with some other cops."

"Can you come here and get my Soojoo's car's camera?"

//"Did something happen?"

"I'll explain everything to you. Just get me the camera."

I hang up and look at Soojoo. "What happened that day?"

She nods. "Umm....I looked through the database that morning for anything regarding Suho, Mary and John. And then I complied it all into one document and then decided to follow some doubts I had by going in person. I found out then that you all were monitoring their families. So I went in hope of maybe talking to Suho actually. The receptionist just called for the guard who watched him. Not anyone in specific. He told her he was in his office and so she sent me to him. When I got in, he told me to sit down and I asked him what his name was. He said Jung Hae-In. He told me exactly what Jae-Hoon told you. Nothing else. Then I bid him a good day and left. I swear that's all that happened!"

I nod. "Okay fine. Let's see if the guy shows up on your dash cam."

She nods and we both wait for Lisa as I ask her other details.

"Where else have you gone?"

She rubs her temples. "Ma'am, I can't help but feel that you're questioning me like a suspect."

I tighten my jaw. "Until you can prove your innocence, I will interrogate you like a suspect. From the moment you've walked in the room, you've been playing with your bracelet. Your nails are clearly bitten. And you asked me about my wife when it was already common knowledge. And everyone knows that my wife is an optometrist. I advertise her business here!"

She blinks and clasps her hand tightly. I glare at her. "This is why I do the interrogations here. Not anyone else. So tell me Soojoo...." I lean forward menacingly. "What else did you do that day?"

She swallows. "You read me as soon as I walked in?"

"Yes."

"Everything you described is also a nervous tactic."

"I know. Why would you be nervous to meet me?"

"I-I don't know! Maybe because you're the boss!"

I shake my head. "Even if you're a trainee, you had no reason to be nervous for me to ask you a simple—"

"I have a crush on you okay?!" She shouts.

I blink rapidly. "What?"

She covers her face. "I have a crush on you! That's why I was nervous! I seriously didn't know you were married or what your wife does! My office is in the far back! And I don't know anyone so I didn't speak to anyone who would've known your wife's profession! I'm sorry okay?!"