Misfortune.

Well, this first part to the chapter I was going to upload to the Feast of Fortuna, but this got pretty long (1356 words) so I thought I could just as well update it now and post another part too tomorrow. Sorry if it's a little bit dark...

REYNA HAD A GREAT MORNING.

If you with great meant waking up in a dark room, bound and with not memories. Then yes, her morning was great.

Reyna didn't know how she had even ended up in the room. On the other side, all she knew was her names and that her situation was bad. She was bleeding from some few wounds, but none of them was serious.

She had tried to break free from her bounds, but it was impossible. It was like they were made of some kind of godly magic.

A pain stroke quickly through her head. Godly. Their was something important about that word. Godly magic.

Gods doesn't exist Reyna, cut it out, she told herself. Then a pain stroke her, like something trying to stab her with a spear.

Think Reyna. Think. Why was the pain there? She had thought about something familiar.

Gods. People mean there are only one god. Not gods.

But then why had her head hurt with both godly (singular) and gods (plural). If there was more than one god, then there couldn't just exist only one god.

Reyna was sweating, and her head was dunking. Think Reyna. You are close on. What other word could be the cause of the pain?

Magic. Reyna got rewarded with another stroke of pain, this one sharper than the others. She opened her mouth to scream, but no sound got out. She could feel the tears falling down her cheeks.

And then it was over. Reyna let out a gasp. Someone was doing this to her. This wasn't natural. It was more like someone was trying to stop her figuring anything out. Maybe the person who took my memories.

But that was impossible. You couldn't just steel people's memories. Just like you couldn't make people feel the pain she was feeling. It was likely to be because she was trying to remember something. That did often happen to people with amnesia.

But what about the words who had caused the pain: Gods, magic? Was she one of these superstitious people who actually believed in such stuff? She couldn't believe she was. Except if there was proof. And if there was proof, a person could easily steal her memories and make this pain appear. And that meant someone was torturing her.

But too late she realized that she had thought too much. In same moment an unbearable pain stroke. She tried to fight against it. But how could you fight against something you couldn't see?

The pain became too much, she started to scream, but it was like the scream just couldn't come out. Tears was falling down her cheeks. Concentrate Reyna, don't give in to the pain. Fight it.

No, a place inside her screamed. Stop it.

Stop it.

The words danced around her head, and was soon the only words she could think of. "Stop it. Stop it." She whispered, spots now dancing before her eyes.

She hid her face in her knees. "Stop it. Stop it. Stop it!

The pain was fading, the spots had stopped dancing before her eyes, and darkness was replacing the spots. But it's okay,  the pain is fading. And for once, Reyna didn't fight.

*

Reyna woke up in the dark, again. Her whole body aching and her mouth dry. What happened? But then she remembered. At least the person hadn't stolen these memories.