Charlena

So, yes this is another contest entry for TheFangirlsOfOlympus 's writing contest. Enjoy. 

(Don't notice me tagging the judges)

 -Adiemus (Okay, I couldn't find her profile...)

_ReadingQueen_

-----------

It was a perfect spring day. The sun was shining, lighting up the woods' beauty. The wind was mild and easy flowing, as if it too was enjoying the lovely day. The flowers had just started to bloom, and the leaves on the trees were a fresh green. 

And there, in the heart of it all, they sat.

Her and Charlie.

The blanket they were sitting on was red. As love she had though when she picked it, but currently it reminded her of blood.

They had just finished their sandwiches. And Silena knew it was now. Now she was going to tell him it. The big secret. The secret that slowly had suffocated her through the year. It was going to get out in the open.

Her stomach was churning. Her hands were shaking. But she was going to do it. It was going to get out of the way, right now. She didn't knew if it was because of that nothing seemed to could go wrong in the lovely spring scene, or if it was a sudden outburst of determination, or maybe because all the excuses for not doing it vanished it as soon she looked into Charlie's loving brown eyes, but nevertheless the five simple words finally got out of her mouth.

Charles eyes widened in surprise. "You're a spy?" he asked puzzled. "For Kronos?"

"Yeah." She said, looking down at her hands, not wanting to see how the love got exchanged with hatred in his eyes.

"Then why exactly are you telling me this?" he wondered.

"It's not like I want to be a spy." She whispered, just loud enough for Charles to hear.

He put his hand under her chin, making her look him into his eyes. She felt a bit of relief when she saw no sign of hatred at his face. Now there was only Luke to worry about.

"Have he threatened your life?" he asked, a touch of anger in his voice.

She bit her lips, trying to hold back the tears pressing on. "Worse." she whispered."Yours."

Charlie frowned. "Me?" he asked surprised. "You have been a spy because of your feared for my life?"

She nodded. "Isn't that obvious?"

Charlie opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but in the same moment he brutally got pushed backwards by an invisible force.

She looked around, trying to find the source for this power, and soon, to her big regret, she saw it. He was tall, slim, blond haired, with a scar ruining his face. Together with his piercing golden eyes, it made Luke seem like some kind of monster. Screw that, he was a monster.

"Oh, Silena. What did I tell you about telling?" The voice coming from Luke's mouth was not at all like Luke's. It was like ice daggers, having an ancient clang.

Slowly Silena's heart sank. If it had been Luke, she would have had at least a small chance for convincing him not to kill Charlie. But now, the small chance was gone. This was Kronos. She didn't know why, when and how he had possessed Luke, but she didn't care. Because no matter what, it was too late. He had heard what she had said to Charlie, and she knew exactly was going to happen next. After all she had imagined the horrifying scene a millionth time.

She threw herself forward, trying to push Kronos away. Yes, trying to push away the Lord of Time wasn't exactly the best plan, but she was desperate. And just when she was only few inches away from pushing him, time slowed down. It was like seeing some kind of slow motion movie, except this wasn't a movie. This was real. She could feel how her heart beat loudly in her chest; even it's drumming seeming slow. Her hands felt sweaty, and a shivering was going through her body. She knew this was a fight she couldn't win. But, oh boy, she was going to try. She was not going to watch as Charlie got killed.

Her hand barely touched Kronos cold chest, before he simply stepped away in normal speed. Normal speed returned, and Silena stumbled forward, trying to catch her balance.

A laugh escaped Kronos' lips, sounding more like an animals sneer. "Is that the best you can do?" he asked. 

In the same moment a knife hit him in the chest.

A smile formed at her face. Charlie must have thrown the knife, and just as expected Charlie did indeed stand right behind Kronos, a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Yes it is." Charlie answered simply.

Kronos laughed. Then he pulled with easy the knife out of his chest. "Then you're doomed." He told Charlie.

"How?" Charlie asked, in the same moment the knife hit him in his chest, making red blood spill from him.

A scream could be heard somewhere in the distance. Silena's head was buzzing, and she could feel something warm and wet roll down her face.

"Don't tell, or Clarisse is next." Kronos said and disappeared just as fast as he had come.

She ran over to Charlie as fast as her legs could take her, then she fell down besides him. "Charlie?" she asked, taking his pulse. No reaction. No pulse. She was too late. But no. She couldn't be. This couldn't be happening.

"Charlie?" she asked again.

No reaction. None at all.

A raw sound escaped her lips. And then it went over in a whisper. One word being repeated over again and again, Charlie.

Her chest ached with a pain she never had felt like before. She felt dizzy, warm but yet cold. The air was getting pulled out of her lungs, and she felt like she was slowly suffocating. Her throat was dry, for screaming or crying, she didn't know. She knew nothing. Nothing except that Charlie was death. And as she looked down at him, her world seemed to shatter into glass.

The red blood had stopped spilling from his chest. His face was a pale, white as a ghost from the past, haunting her forever. His eyes were no longer brown, but black holes absorbing her soul and the pieces of happiness she still had left. The bronze knife, which had killed him, shone in the sunlight, as a sign.

And she knew exactly what the sign meant. There was only way to solve the problem. Only one way to stop the pain. Only one way to be together with him again. She pulled the knife from his chest, and closed her eyes. After all there was nothing left to life for. At least it would be fitting that the same knife should kill them.

All of it sounded like some desperate love story. She found it kinda fitting, after all she was a child of Aphrodite.

With a flowing movement she stabbed the knife into her breast, and a less sharp pain spread, as the warm blood trickled down her chest. She could feel light shining down at her, and maybe this was her heaven.

She opened her eyes, and she was once again back in her cabin. A sigh escaped her lips. It had all just been a dream. A stupid nightmare. But she knew, knew that it was more than that. It was a message, one word, and the nightmare would become reality.

Suddenly something caught her eye, a red heart shaped box. A smile tugged on her lips, it must've been Charlie. That giant teddybear. She opened the box, hoping that some chocolate would calm her nerves a bit. She quickly snatched one, and closed the box again, first there seeing the three words standing on the top. Three simple words making her heart beat faster, and an echo of the pain from the nightmare come again.

Don't tell him.

The chocolate tasted like cardboard.