Solangelo Soulmate AU

So KWSIsReading requested Solangelo, and here I am. This is a Soulmate AU, which is based on the idea that your inner voice is what you soulmate would have said in the situation. I hope it makes sense.

As I have said earlier, I had been hit by a gigantic dose of Writer's Block, but during this I actually overcame it. I experienced a bit with this oneshot, since a part of me had this really sad idea and the other part just really wanted to add this specific part of dialogue that was super fluffy. So I wrote both, having the same start. This is also why the first part doesn't exactly down to every detail fit the two parts, because it's supposed to cover both.

To be completely honest I haven't edited this (except spell check), because I have two different kind of writing styles (bonus points if you can point out when I overcome WB), and you know, I am just happy I can write again. Writing is honestly my demon blood. 

So, enjoy. If you can.

Don't do that.

Nico frowned, his hand hovering over the pack of donuts for a moment, before it slowly fell down his side. What did his soulmate have against donuts?

I don't have anything against donuts! The voice informed him in the lecturing tone, that Nico knew too well. But eating an entire pack by yourself is unhealthy. If you continue to eat so much sugar you will end up getting Diabetes II!

He paused, realizing that he had in fact been eating a lot of sugar lately. But between homework and work he hadn't managed to catch much sleep and sugar seemed to be the only thing that could compensate for that. Besides, when he wasn't feeling so goddamn tired and the dark circles beneath his eyes didn't made him look like a skeleton, he could start eating healthy again.

The voice sighed dramatically, As if that's going to happen. You never eat healthy.

"Fuck you," he told the voice, and just to prove how little he cared, he grabbed the donuts from the shelve.

"What did you just say to me?" A person behind him asked, and Nico turned around to face an elder man starring surprised at him.

Fuck.

"I wasn't talking to you," he explained, nervously scratching his neck. "I was talking to my soulmate, who is kinda a health freak."

Then, to Nico's big surprise, the old man started laughing. "Mine is too," he said conspiratorially, "but luckily she doesn't know what her voice is telling me, so I can continue my filthy habits." And as if just to prove a point, he triumphantly showed Nico the bag of sweets dangling from his hand.

Nico laughed, "Thank god for that. Filthy habits are the best."

Not, the voice added, but Nico decided to ignore it.

The old man grinned, "Indeed they are. Good luck hiding those donuts from your soulmate."

The smile on Nico's face stiffened, knowing that it wouldn't be a problem.. "You too." he responded a bit too joyful.

Fluffy Stuff and the Dialogue.

The stiff grin was still etched into Nico's face, as he walked down the street, now feeling more fake than ever. Around him people seemed to move slower than ever, and inside him the invisible clock was ticking, reminding him that he had to get back to his studies. Knitting the pack of donuts tight, he took a deep breath and dived into the crowd, pushing, dodging and apologizing when it was necessary.

People didn't seem to notice, they were all moving like robots, their mind being somewhere else. If they weren't looking at their phones, checking the clock, their emails, their likes, their gaze was focused on the destination they had yet to see. Even the people was talking, didn't seem to really be there either. They were just nodding, smiling and rambling about unimportant stuff.