The feast of Spes

HAZEL'S DAY DIDN'T start out hopeful. Actually it started out with a nightmare.

She was once again hovering over Katie Gardner in her sleep. That poor girl. It was now four weeks since she hadn't gotten in a coma, and she still hadn't woken up. The golden donut was laying at a nearby table, making Hazel feel a tinge of guilt. 

Even through Hazel knew it was stupid, she still felt like it was her fault Katie was right now laying in coma. Hazel felt like it was her curse who had brought Katie the misfortune, maybe the curse hadn't been washed away.

It's no use crying over spilled milk, she told herself.

Her sleeping self floated closer on the ring. Soon she was once agains standing besides the ring, her eyes getting forced to focus on it. 

Of course, nothing happened. What had she expected? That tonight was going to be different? She wasn't going to be that lucky.

She stood there, glaring at the ring in what felt like ten hours. Then suddenly an idea begin to spire. Could she touch the ring in her dream? And if she could, would something happen then?

There was only one way to find out.

She quickly snatched the ring from the table, and started to turn it. Hazel didn't got long time to wonder why she could touch it in her dream, before words started to appear on the ring. Hello Hazel Levesque, the ring wrote.

Hazel was in awe, for once the sentence was actually easy for her to read. Oh, and besides that magical words appeared on the ring.

"Where do you know me from?" Hazel asked, feeling a little stupid because she was talking to a ring.

Oh, I know you from the thoughts of Katie Gardner. I don't know much, but just enough, the ring told her.

If it hadn't freaked her out that the ring knew her name, then this defiantly did. Hazel was so done with eidolions. "You're an eidolion." she told the ring.

The words on the ring got erased  and now ones started to form:  No, no. You are completely wrong. I am a goddess. Not such a pathetic thing as an eidolion.

"Gods can't posses things." the words bursted out of Hazel's mouth before she could stop them.

No, not the greek. Not normally. But I have learned some tricks from the Egyptian gods, while I have wandered at earth.

Egyptian gods? As if the dream wasn't weird enough.

"So why have you chosen to possess a ring?" she asked.

Oh, dearie, I didn't chose to. I got trapped inside here.

Hazel couldn't help but wonder who was powerful enough to catch a goddess in her ring. "How did you get trapped in there?"

My cures backfired. Instead of just trapping Katie's soul in here, it trapped mine too. 

A shiver went down Hazel's spine, as she realized who she was speaking to.  "You-you were the one who kidnapped Katie and Piper!"

Oh, but they lead no harm, did they?

Hazel could almost see the mocking smile the woman was sending her.

"What about Reyna then?" Hazel challenged. Even through the older girl hadn't told anything, it was clear that there had happened a lot more than just her being trapped in a room.

The girl had to learn her place.

If there even had been a chance Hazel would have liked this goddess, it was gone now. "So why are you contacting me?"