⚡︎ 5 ⚡︎

~Bonesburrow Library - 5 years ago ~

Your POV:

It was the same time same day last week you met him. Steve didn't seem to like this kid. When he dragged you off last week he told you talking to boys is dumb and you should make friends with girls instead.

Steve's too overprotective.

You walk around the library hoping to find Hunter again. So far there's no sign. You don't know what you're going to do with him today, but as him being your only friend besides Viney, you'll make sure it's nice.

There's a tap on your shoulder. You turn around and you see Hunter has his eyes looking down at the floor with his hands awkwardly at his sides.

"Wow! You came!" You grin widely.

"Wow... I came..." He replies and nods, then looking up at you.

"I thought for sure you'd forget!" You say.

He shakes his head and smiles a little.

"No... I have a good memory.. last I checked." He smiles sweetly.

You giggle a little and he smiles over the fact you've laughed.

"So... what do you wanna do?" He rubs the back of his head.

"Let's go in to town!" You say and grab his arm.

His eyes widen but he follows your pull as you lead him outside of the library.

The double doors open and you both run down the library steps. Hunter trying not to topple and fall by how hard your dragging him.

"S-so where in town? Exactly?" Hunter says as you're dragging him.

"We could go to the park or something." You grin.

Hunter nods and follows you.

"I've never gone to one before." He says.

"A park? Really?" You raise an eyebrow.

"So sorry if that disappoints you." Hunter scoffs.

"Well I'm about to change that. Have you ever gone on a swing before?" You ask.

He shakes his head.

"Swings are fun, you rock back and forth and it feels like you're flying." You grin.

"Does it?" Hunter tilts his head.

"Speaking of flying, where's that bird that's with you?" You ask.

Hunters ears perk up and he goes through his pocket and pulls out the little red cardinal. He's in his wooden state right now, but once it's fully pulled out it return to its lively state and chirps at you.

"Awww!" You grin.

"Can I hold him?" You ask.

Hunter blinks and parts his lips open a little to where you can see the gap between his teeth. He looks down at the bird and then at you.

"Yeah, just be gentle with him." He says and gently places the bird in your hands.

The cardinal chirps happily and your smile widens and you gently let the bird. Hunter puts his hands in his pockets and watches you as you both continue walking to the park.