⚡︎42⚡︎

You and River eventually meet up and walk out of the emperors coven. He smiles as he sees you and you smile back awkwardly.

You stand at his side and you both start walking. The night is cold and it's exceptionally late. The stars shimmer up above and the wind blows silently.

He glances at you and you awkwardly just walk with him.

"So..." you mumble.

He glances at you. He probably knows what you're gonna ask and he starts sweating a little bit.

 He probably knows what you're gonna ask and he starts sweating a little bit

"What... was all that stuff with Darius?" You ask him.

He starts sweating a little more and he smiles nervously. He seems like he's hiding something probably important.

He then looks at you more intently and frowns a little.

"I'm going to be honest, he wasn't there to discuss healing supplies." River says.

"Then... what? Exactly?" You ask.

River scratches the back of his head. He sighs and looks at you sadly.

"Look... I feel terrible, I would tell you, I would... but... seeing you earlier... depending on how close you are with the golden guard... what I'm allowed to tell you is gonna be a bit limited." He says seriously.

You glance curiously at him. Now you're really curious what this is all about.

"Darius doesn't want the golden guard specifically to know about this." River says.

You furrow your eyebrows.

"At least... not yet." River says.

You continue walking silently with him. He folds his arms as he walks with you.

"Y/n, I trust you not to tell him about this." River says.

"How come I can't?" You ask.

He looks at you intently and frowns slightly.

"Listen... do you trust me?" He asks.

You fold your arms and keep walking with him. He looks at you sincerely.

"I do." You say.

"Then you have to swear you won't tell him we're keeping something from him." He says.

"But... is it something bad?" You ask.

Rivers eyes widen and he looks at you and starts shaking his head.

"Not at all, hopefully when Darius comes back with more information it could be something good." River says.

"And if it's not?" You ask.

"It won't really change anything. It's either good information or no information." River shrugs.

"But if it's good then why can't he know?" You tilt your head.