⚡︎25⚡︎

~ Northern Docks - 5 years ago~

Hunter POV:

I felt numb. I felt like a terrible living being. If I were to ever see Y/n again she would want nothing to do with me.

I ruined everything.

Tom and I were at the docks and since he's older I gave him the snails to purchase the boat we needed. We already bought our fishing rods and I was holding onto them.

He was talking to the salesman as his hand was resting against my back, keeping a reassuring touch on me. I didn't look up from the ground for a while, I didn't want to. I was lost in my head.

Maybe I shouldn't have kissed her, because thinking about it is hurting me, and making me want to go back for her.

I want to kiss her again and tell her I'm sorry and I'll never leave again. I want to hug her and I want her comforting grasp.

Im practically craving it and my heart is just uncomfortably beating hard and fast.

Every beat I feel my heart take makes an image of her flash in my head and it's overwhelming me. It's hurting me. I take shaky breaths and I feel the fishing rods slowly slipping out of my hands.

"Hunter?" Tom asks.

I look up at him and grip the fishing rods tighter.

"We're all set, are you ready?" He grips my shoulder.

My eyes widen and then I look around and then back at him again.

"Mmhm." I nod.

We've set sail. I've never been on a boat before or have sailed one. Tom knows how to though.

He's explained back when he was golden guard he used to go on missions a lot on boats. He says if I were to ever continue as golden guard they would probably have wanted me to do the same.

"Was it fun? Going on missions..?" I ask.

"Sometimes... sometimes not... it depends what they were for." He shrugs.

I sigh softly and I slump against a bench on the ship. Tom is at the wheel and he's just double checking the map of the island making sure we're on course.

I frown and hold my face in my hands. I glance at Tom and then I glance at the ground.

I hold the railing of the ship and I look at the isles as we start sailing away. I frown and just watch as the boiling isles slowly start fading the more we go.

I frown and just continue staring...

Tom looks over at me and seems to notice I'm not feeling well. He lets go of the wheel and walks over to me.

I hear his footsteps and I look up at him, I have a slight frown fixed on my face and I rub my fingers against the railing.

"Hey, I know what'll cheer you up." Tom says.

I raise an eyebrow and then turn my body to look more towards him.

"She always makes me happy so I'm sure she'll make you happy too."  He says and goes in his pocket.

"She..? Wait...what?" I say.

what?" I say